Chapter 18

One week since tour started.

Audrey's still fighting. I can't believe she made it this long. The doctors say she is getting worse. Which I'm actually not surprised. She isn't getting any treatment. Do they expect her to get better? Obviously not. I think Louis took this the hardest, and Niall. Niall and Louis are really attached to Audrey. I am too, so is Harry. Don't get me wrong, I love her with all my heart. It's sad to see her so miserable. But, what can I do about it? Nothing. I can't do nothing. It makes me mad that I can't be there for her when she passes. Just thinking about it makes me want to curl up into a ball and just cry. Cry my eyes out. Cry until there's no more tears left inside of me. I've been waiting, and waiting for my phone to go off for the past couple days. I just want someone to call me and say 'you're daughter has passed on. I'm so sorry," I just want this to be over with. I don't want Audrey to suffer anymore. She's been through enough. I can't take it anymore.

"Shanna?" It was Louis.

I looked up for my laptop, I was on Twitter, "yeah, Lou?"

"Your phone was going off. I didn't catch it in time though. I think it was the hospital," he sniffled.

"Oh, thanks," I grabbed my phone from his hand. It went off again. I answered it on the first ring. "Hello?"

"Hi, is this Shanna Snyder? This is Dr. Mulligan from the Marsden cancer hospital in London," he spoke softly, his voice was husky.

"Yeah. This is Shanna. What can I do for you Dr. Mulligan?"

"Well, as you know, your daughter, Audrey, has been getting worse. Her heart rate is slowly starting to drop. I figure she may not last through the night. She may have at least 6 hours left. Maybe less, maybe more. I'm not too sure. I'm very sorry, Ms. Snyder."

"Oh. Thank you for telling me, Dr. Mulligan." I sniffled a bit.

"Yeah. I'm sure you'll try to make it down, yeah? I understand if you can't,"

"I'll be there." I said, the bus stopped at the next venue, signaling that I had to get off the phone to get ready for the second show.

"Alright. It was nice speaking to you. I most go now. Have a good day, Ms. Snyder."

"You too," I hung up the phone, stuffing it in my pocket.

"C'mon, Shanna! You're fans are waiting!" Oh, Louis. Could you get any louder?

I felt a small year slide down my cheek. "Coming," I made like a sloth and slowly made my way out of the bus, outside, and into the venue. Oh joy. Another concert. I can't wait. I must contain my excitement.

"You ready for this, Shanna?" I recognized that voice anywhere. Niall.

"Not really," I shrugged. Ready or not, I have to do this. I can't just bail on my fans. Fans. I have fans. Me! Shanna Elouise Snyder. I really can't believe I have fans. It's crazy to think people out there like me.

"Oh, you can do it! I know you can. Have you heard from the hospital yet?"

"Yeah, I just got off the phone with them. She doesn't have much time left. Her heart rate is decreasing," I entered the back of the venue without saying another word to Niall.

"Shanna! Oh, Shanna! Shan---..." Crash! I was on the floor. Underneath Liam. Well, isn't this awkward? "Liam, could you please get off me? You're crushing my boobs,"

"Oh, sorry," he slowly got of me, pulling me up with him. "Harry was looking for you. He sounded upset,"

"Where is he?"