Chapter one

I walked into my kitchen at 7:00 in the morning, went to the fridge, and grabbed me some eggs. I went to the cupboard and grabbed a pan from it and threw the eggs in it and put it on the stove. My shift for the local daycare started in an hour, so I had to get ready fast. I didn't even have my shower yet. So, you could say I was running a bit behind. Okay, I was running really behind. I should've gotten up three hours ago. But you know, sleep decided to take over. Whatever. I like sleep.

I shrugged it off. The fact that my alarm clock doesn't work half the time is stupid. But yet, I'm the one who should be buying a new one. I just don't have any money. My money comes from the daycare, or sometimes my grandparents send me a couple hundreds every year for my birthday or Christmas, and I use that for the bills. I don't really have many bills to pay, and they usually aren't even that much. Only about 100 or more per each. It's never gotten past $175, it's always below that.

I took my eggs off the stove and put them on a plate. I slid onto the stool and began eating my eggs. I could feel the steamy hot eggs burning my throat on the way down. I quickly ate my eggs and downed my milk, cooling my throat, I hopped off the stool and ran upstairs to take a shower.

I gathered my clothes, a pair of jeans and a casual shirt. Nothing fancy. Once out of the shower, I blow dried my long, curly brownish reddish hair. I put on some eyeliner and mascara and headed downstairs. Grabbed my keys and my phone and left for my car.

At the daycare I was greeted by Stacie, one of the mom's. "Hello, Shanna." She flashed me her big, bright white smile and walked with her little boy, Shane. Shane had bright blue eyes and red hair. He was the most adorable little boy ever.

I waved at her and headed towards the room where I watched the kids. There were several rooms here. I watched the little 4 or 5 year olds. Some 6 year olds. While, Ashlynn watched the older kids, 6, 7 or 8 year olds. It went clear up to the age of 10. Caite watched the 9 and 10 year olds. I loved watching the little ones. They were so cute. An hyper. They were beyond hyper.

"Shanna! I thought you were going to be late," Sam crossed her arms. Sam was the owner of the daycare, and if you were late one time, you were done for. Luckily, I haven't been late, yet. Sam is the big boss woman, she's pretty much in charge of everything. Even the kid. She has a say in who can come to her daycare and who can't. She's really picky about who comes here. If you have the last name "Crowley" your kids can't come here. She hates anyone with that last name.

I looked at Sam, trying my best not to give her a rather sarcastic comeback, "Well, I wasn't. No need to worry about me, Sam,"

She stepped aside and let me into my room, I greeted the kids and headed towards my desk.

"Shanna!" The little curly brown haired boy jumped from where he was sitting and ran to hug my legs.

"Hi, Cameron!"

"Come color with me! Pleeease!" He tugged at my pants, pulling me towards the coloring table.

I smiled at the little boy. He was so darn cute. He had big blue eyes and the cutest curls ever. They were all over the place. I knew his mom pretty well, Anne, she was my mom's friend. I guess he has an older brother, Henry or Harry or something. I've never met him. I guess he's in a boyband. I've never heard of it. Never want to either.

I mean, I like a lot of bands. I like All Time Low, Mayday Parade and Maroon . They're all amazing bands. But, I hate pop bands. All they sing is little kid songs. They're so stupid.

I sat down in the little plastic chair, hoping it won't break on me. I saw Cameron already began to color a picture of a dog. I grabbed myself a coloring book, it was a Hello Kitty coloring book. Wow, do I feel young. I reached for some crayons, only to be stopped by the ear piercing scream of one of the kids.

"Miss Snyder, Lexi won't give me the blocks back!" Mercedes screeched. Mercedes was a little blond girl. She never stopped whining. You could say she was the brat of the class. Which she was. I honestly didn't like her. But, I had to deal with her.

"Lexi, give it back." I demanded.

"But I had it first." Lexi whined, stomping her foot.

I sighed, "could you find something else to play with?"

"Yeah." she sighed heavily.

"Miss Snyder, can I have a juice box?" Alexa asked with her sweet and quiet voice.

I nodded my head and got up to get a juice box for her. I handed it to her and she skipped off to go color.

Hours passed by. Endless, boring hours. I was finally done. I gathered my things and headed outside to my car. I got in my car, started it up and the music started blaring through the speakers. I recognized the song right away, my favorite band, Karmin. The song was brokenhearted. I immediately started to sing along. "THIS IS MORE THAN THE TYPICAL KIND OF THING. FELT THE JONES IN MY BONES WHEN YOU WERE TOUCHING ME. OH OH."

I got a few awkward glances from people passing by. Well, I was dancing in the car. And singing awfully loud. I was at a stop light when I felt my car jerk forward. I looked back to see that someone had hit the back of my car. The person got out of their car and was rushing towards me.

"O my god. I am so sorry. Are you alright?" The teenage boy with bright green eyes and curly brown hair was in fits of screeching.

I sighed loudly, and said "I'm fine. No damage done." I fake smiled.

The boy began to stutter a bit. "A-are you s-sure? Let me take you out to dinner to make up for this. Please?"

I opened my mouth to protest. But I quickly closed it, "Fine. I'll go to dinner with you."

He pulled out his phone from his pocket and handed it to me. "Put your number in so I can call you."

I punched my number in and handed the phone back to him.

"I'm Harry by the way."

"Shanna." I shook his soft hand, and gently let my hand fall back to the steering wheel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, how was it? Is the first chapter alright? Please leave y'all's thoughts below. I'm new to this. (: I'd like to know what you think of it so far!(:

**This fanfic is under construction. Old chapters will be updated. Meaning, they will be longer.**  

**If you haven't, go check out my Instagram, twitter, and tumblr.  

IG: @smilinginonedirection_ 

Twitter: @MilesofNiall  

Tumblr: @djhipsta  

Also, add me on Facebook. Link will be in bio for anyone that wants to add me.**