CHAPTER 41

AH THE MATH TEARFLOODS, WE MEET AGAIN

"Hey Brooklyn, I'm leaving okay?" Dad says, opening the door to my room. There's something known as knocking! I nod and he smiles, "Take care, if you need anything go to the Johnsons." I nod again and smile as he leaves.

Dad's going for his 'business trip' again. I'm still waiting for him to tell me the truth. Looks like it's not going to happen anytime soon but this time, there was some improvement because he allowed me to stay alone at home. Maybe he is going for a business trip after all.

I take out the whole lot of homework given to us by our math teacher and dump it on my table. I would have complained about how much work they give us all together, but the truth is that I've just been highkey procrastinating. It's maths okay? You can't blame me.

1 hour later

Maths is seriously such a damn pain. Whoever invented it, I hope they're burning in hell for torturing students right now.

I've legit been stuck on the same sum for the past hour, getting a completely different answer every time. I've finished only half of 1 sheet and I'm already tired. And to think I have 5 more  remaining. Ugh!

Ok I'm trying this One.Last.Time. And if I don't get it right, I'm giving up, I don't care.

And obviously...I get it wrong again. Math has this way of bringing tears down my face every time I try to do it. I just never seem to understand the concept of figuring out the area of triangles and some equations I'm never going to use in my entire life!

Groaning, I head to my bed and stuff my teary face in my pillow. Ah the math tearfloods, we meet again.

Why can't I just solve the damn sum. I mean, I can't be that dumb right? If someone made it, obviously it can be solved. Then why won't it cooperate? I swear if I ever become the US president, I will put all mathematicians in jail and remove every evidence of math from the whole continent.

"You wouldn't make a very fair president then"

My head snaps up from the pillow and I see Luke leaning on the doorframe, looking all Greek God handsome in his white tshirt and unzipped jacket."How did you even enter?" I ask baffled and he brings up his finger from which our spare house key hangs. I narrow my eyes, "I never gave you the key."

He smirks, "You didn't, but your dad did." I raise my brow and he rolls his eyes and stands straight, "Fine he gave them to mom and I stole them. Big deal." I smile and fall back on the pillow, wiping my embarrassing tears off on it.

I feel the bed dip at my side, "What happened?" he asks and I blindly point to the direction of my table. He stands up and goes there and soon returns and ruffles my hair, "Get off the bed. I'm going to be your tutor for the day."

My head perks up and I look at him suspiciously, "You can do math well?" He puts his hands over his heart, "Ouch Skittles, do you think I'm that dumb?"

I shrug and he smirks, "Oh is it?" He sits and leans down dangerously close to me.

And before I could register what was happening, his fingers began tickling my waist and neck and my tears of pain turned into tears of laughter, "Luke...oh" gasp "goodness...Luke ahhh" He pins me down on the bed and continues tickling the life out of me.

"Oh god I'm..ahh I'm going to dieee" I squeak as his tickles get worse. "You're so dramatic Skittles" He laughs and I attempt to glare at him but I just. Can't. Open my eyes.

"Say that I'm the smarter one from the two of us, then I'll leave you." He blackmails. "I..don't...lie" I manage to speak out but it just made his tickling worse. It annoys me that my hands don't work well in situations like this so I can't even manage to raise them to tickle him back.