CHAPTER 4

IT'S CALLED TALENT BABY

We decided to go to the park to get some fresh air.

I was walking Puffer, Harp's dog, who was elegantly bouncing on her paws. "Yo Liam!" a voice calls from behind us. We turn to the source and see that it's a guy around our age. Liam smiles, "Yo Dallas! Sup man, long time no see." They do the bro hug thing and Dallas looks at us.

"Good. So how have you been? And who are these beautiful ladies? Man Liam, earlier you couldn't get even one girl and now you got two of 'em huh?" he smirks.

A hint of blush appears on our best friend's cheeks before he rolls his eyes, "Dallas these are my BEST FRIENDS Harper and Brooklyn. Girls, this is my childhood friend Dallas." We say our normal 'nice to meet you's' and shake his hand. Well actually, I said that. Harper just muttered something that sounded like full on gibberish. Honestly speaking, he did look pretty good but not really my type.

"So what are you doing here?" Liam and he get into a conversation while I'm dragged by Harper to the side. "Oh my god Brooklyn! He looks so good! Do you think he likes me? Oh no did I embarrass myself? Did I look like a fool? Do I-"

"Woah woah Harp. Calm down, okay?" I hold her shoulders cutting off her rant. She takes deep breaths and grins, "Okay, what do you think of him?" I look at him again... Blonde hair, no piercings thank goodness, hazel eyes. OH MY GOD, HAZEL EYES!!!

"Oh he's perfect for you!" I reply, my eyes still set on his. "You saw his hazel eyes, didn't you?" she asks like it's the most obvious thing ever. My face turns red, "You know me so well Harp. But it's not my fault I have a thing for guys with coloured eyes." I realize what I said and cover up, "Oh no, but this guy's all yours honey."

She smirks, "You know who else has coloured eyes?"

"Who?"

"LUKE JOHNSON!" she exclaims, giving poor Puffer a fright. I groan, "Ugh no. He's one guy I'll never ever fall for, especially after what he did that day. She shrugs, "Ok I absolutely hate him after what he did to you that day but that doesn't change the fact that you two would look adorably ka-yoot together." I roll my eyes at her and laugh, "Right."

"Did I miss something?" Liam asks walking towards us. "Is Dallas dating?" Harp asks curiously. "Seriously Harp, you fell for him?" Liam asks blankly. "Hey he does look good. Ask Brooks, even she said it." Harp says gesturing to me and I shrug, "Can't lie, he does." Liam rolls his eyes, "I don't think he's dating. At least according to his Instagram he's not."

"Ok, what's his username?" she asks removing her phone from her back pocket. "And there she goes again" I murmur. "Yeah I thought your stalking days had ended." Liam said. "Eh there were no stalk worthy and cute guys for a while. Ok, his username?" she looks at Liam expectantly.

He rolls his eyes, "I don't remember Harp. I'll check and tell you later. Will you come now?" he asks, grabbing her wrist and pulling her forward. Her phone in one hand, she kept scrolling through Liam's followers, searching for her new love-interest. After some time, Liam had enough. He takes her phone and puts it in his pocket, "I told you I would check later. Trust me. Let's just talk now yeah?" She nods and mutters a sorry.

"Dude it's so hot right now" I complain putting my one hand on my forehead to block the sun.

Just then Puffer goes running ahead and drags me along with her. She stops when she reaches her destination. Another really cute dog. It instantly starts playing with Puffer. Mm she has good taste.

I look up from the dog to see the owner and control the urge to roll my eyes at the cliché-ness of the universe. Yup, you're right ladies and gentlemen, Luke Johnson and his best friend David. How such a cute dog could have such a disgusting owner is beyond my understanding. "Excuse me?" Luke asks, offended. Oops must've said that out loud. No regrets though.