↠ O n e [ p a r t T w o ] ↞

"Ouch! That's My Tail."

"Sorry.."

"How much longer mother?"

"Be patient my little ones."

Thrushkit sat beside his mother as she licked Dapplekit's fur. Tawnykit was already groomed and he avoided making his fur dirty, so that their mother won't clean him again.

The rain has stopped for a while, so they were spending as much time as they can outside the nursery, to avoid getting boredom sickness. Its not an actual illness but previous queens told their mother that if a kit is kept inside too long he/she would become destructive. Thrushkit's two siblings already damaged the den's walls because of scratching it a lot so what the she-cats said were true.

Whitekit & Specklekit were allowed to play with Sunpaw for today, since the other kits would be doing something "important" according to their mother.

"Please tell me what's so important about being clean?" Dapplekit meowed, the gentle queen finsished as she gave a silent thanks to StarClan that the grooming was over. She however started playing with Tawnykit and their mother was tired to even try to re-clean them.

"You'll be meeting your father today." Rainfur pulled Thrushkit towards her with a paw. She started licking parts of his face as the sandy brown kit gladly let her and raised his head when she licked his under chin and neck. "Also, cleaning yourselves is important because he is a respected warrior, surely being his kits you want to look presentable for not only him, but to your future denmates. Seems like Thrushkit is the only one who listens."

Tawnykit scoffed "He doesen't count, Thrushkit likes being cleaned like a mewling kit."

Thrushkit did not react but he did reply "At least I'm cleaner than you."

"Nuh-uh, I'll clean myself better than you!"

"No you're not! I'm gonna be cleaner than all of you."

The two sibling started licking themselves clean, the dirt on their pelts being removed and retaining that fluffy kit fur. Rainfur was delighted that they won't look dirty when their father arrives.

"Thank you," she whispered to Thrushkit. Thrushpelt smiled as he let his mother clean him a bit more.

─────────ೋღ🌺ღೋ─────────

The Sun Was About to go Down..

Their father was still not in sight.

The family has been sitting in their same spot, near the fern tunnel. Rainfur did not allow them to walk around and only let them stand up in place to avoid the numb butt. Thrushkit cannot feel his hind legs and his tail turned stiff in pain.

A few patrols already had come and go, none had the warrior they were waiting for. He looked at his mother, who had slowly also seemed to lose hope.

"You know what?" Rainfur meowed, smiling at her kits "How about we take a nap for a while at the nursery, maybe he's busy."

Or maybe he forgot..

They were about to enter the nursery til there was the usual rustling of the fern tunnel. Dapplekit angled her ears towards that direction and a smile lit up her face.