↠ T w o ↞

The Rain Had Finally Stopped.

Now that it was okay to come out, warriors are trying their best to find any prey on every hunting grounds, some even see if the training grounds have the usual mice.

The kits were allowed to get out of the nursery to get some fresh air. Dapplekit and the others were excited and ran out before their mother could even finish her sentence. They ran straight to the water puddles created by the rain, splashing themselves and then playing a game where RiverClan was fighting ThunderClan.

"If they get sick after playing in water I swear.." Rainfur mumbled under her breath, going back into the nursery.

"Oh, what are you still doing here?"

At the corner of the nursery, she spotted the sandy brown colored kit who stayed alone. He just looked at his mother.

"I don't want to play."

His mother scoffed "I've never seen a kit like you son." she sat down beside him "Is there a problem? You can tell me everything you know."

Thrushkit shuffled his paws, thinking about how he would say it straight.

Just say it!

"Are you full?"

That's not the exact words for the statement but close enough.

His mother flicked her ear "Of course I am, why do you think I'm not?"

"Dapplekit ate the worm I left you, and every night Cloudberry is giving you something."

Her tail twitched and she did not meet her son's gaze. Is she hiding something? "I told you, I'm fine." She meowed "My priority is for you and the others to eat first, that's why you don't see me eat because I'm last, Cloudberry was giving me something to keep me full."

Was it a herb? I don't smell prey in her breath "Can we eat the prey that you eat?"

Panic flashed in her eyes. "No! Uh..its only for big cats."

"Oh, okay."

They sat there in silence, watching the kits outside making themselves dirty. They bumped into a group of warriors that growled in annoyance, making them leave in a scurry.

"Mother, when can father visit us again?"

Thrushkit barely saw Windflight come into the nursery to bring a treat for them or say hi. Ever since they were born he did not show his face into this den except for that one time she called for him. In stories his mother says how sweet and concerned he was. But he never sees that side of him.

If he were concerned, he must be worried about how mother looks.

He heard his mother sigh "Well, Windflight is really busy. He is one of the warriors who are hunting for as long as they can, finding food for us to eat." she shook her head as if she were clearing her thoughts then look at him with a happy expression "By the way, did you know that the name I gave you is special to me?"

Thrushkit tipped his head sideways "Why is that?"

"Well, the prey that Windflight first gave me before was a thrush. You looked similar to it and I wanted to name you for one of the things that had a meaningful role in my life so yeah." She purred, a deja vú look and a twinkle in her eye.

She told her son about how Windflight had used to woo her using mushy words and the tastiest morsels he caught. Thrushkit felt proud of his father being the sweetest mate, he thought he must have underestimated him because he did not visit them again. But the stories she told him about their midnight walks and the fun games they used to play was enough to remove the doubt in his mind.