personal make-up artist | n.f

warnings: none
description: Reader and Noel get ready for a party together

The bright white lights were switched on and your eyes adjusted to the room

Noel stretched out both of his arms above his head before letting them fall limp at his side.

"I wonder who's all going to be there tonight." His voice was soft and relaxed. You always found that just the sound of his voice would put you more at ease, giving you relief of the tension that you didn't even realize you were holding onto.

The two of you were planning on going to a house party for one of Noel's good friends. Everything was going to plan and it seemed like you both would be out of the house in time for the party, until you remembered that you forgot to do your eye makeup.

You stood in front of the large illuminated mirror in the bathroom you shared, providing more than enough light to the point where you could see every imperfection on each of your faces. Of course, it was difficult to find any on Noel's face. His complexion was so smooth and velvety, it was easy to be envious of him.

He studied himself in the mirror, turning his head from side to side and tousling parts of his inky black hair. Meanwhile, you hurriedly rummaged through your makeup case, pulling out the few tools you would normally use on your eyes: a pigmented eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and the brushes that were necessary to achieve the look. You laid everything out on the marble vanity in front of you, while your longtime boyfriend kept himself busy with his own reflection in the mirror.

Noel continued to fix his hair to his liking; if he was feeling nervous, he showed no signs of it. "It's 60, is it? 60 people or something like that."

"The whole place will be buzzing," you replied softly with a smile. You began applying a bright blue shadow all over your eyelids, with the hope that it would look cool and not so chaotic. It was a fun occasion and by applying just one solid color would also some save time.

You were happy with how it was looking and finished dabbing on the final touches before moving on to eyeliner. What you had yet to notice was that Noel had taken your blue eyeshadow and was putting some on his eyes as well. When you had two perfect wings on either of your eyes, you saw him using the small brush and swiping it across his eyelids.

Without saying a word, Noel stepped back from the mirror and handed you the brush, suggesting that he wanted you to finish what he had already started. Laughing quietly to yourself, you took the brush from him as he turned to face you.

As you approached his eyes with the brush, he quickly pulled his fringe back and out of his face, a ritual you and him were already familiar with. It wasn't completely uncommon for the both of you to do each other's make-up. You ran your fingers through the layers of hair that framed his face, pushing it back again, but also using it as an excuse to touch his hair.