sweaty palms | v.n

warnings: detailed smut throughout
description: a day spent at the shop turns into something more interesting as Vince and Reader succumb to their attraction — requested

warnings: detailed smut throughoutdescription: a day spent at the shop turns into something more interesting as Vince and Reader succumb to their attraction — requested

Checkered tiled floors. Various light fixtures hanging from the ceiling. Eclectic figurines, clothing, and furniture scattered around the room. A vastly different scene from your own typical work environment — a dull, boring, and uneventful office space. Although it was unexciting most days at your place of work, you preferred it that way. No surprises, just a safe space where you could come in, do your routine work, and then leave quietly. You didn't mind it though, being a rather soft-spoken and bashful person, you hated drawing any sort of attention to yourself.

It was a Sunday, and Nabootique was vacant for the day. Only you and Vince wandered about the shop. Having been friends with Vince for a while, the two of you would often spend time here together. You would help him reorganize or rearrange, or just be there for moral support whenever he needed it.

"Hey Y/N, come over here!" Vince shouted from inside a stock closet, his voice muffled by the dozens of cardboard boxes that were stacked in the closet. "Give me a hand with this, will you?"

Walking over to the tiny closet, you found him with his knees bent, trying to lift a heavy box with all of his strength. You laughed to yourself at the sight of him, eventually moving to help him lift the box. Together, the two of you set the box down on the floor in the center of the shop.

"What have you got in there — rocks?" You stretched your arms out after having set the box down.

"Close." Vince gave you a wink while a cheeky grin tugged at the corner of his lips. With a box cutter, he tore through the packing tape and unraveled a giant stack of punk rock vinyls.

"I should've known." You rolled your eyes, watching your friend unpack each record with a childlike enthusiasm.

You hoisted yourself up onto the glowing countertop where the cash register sat, realizing that your legs were far from touching the ground and your feet were left dangling when you sat on top. You continued watching Vince grow more eager with each album he came across.

An unexpected wave of fondness washed over you in that moment. Every now and then you would catch Vince doing something that he was so absorbed in and you couldn't help but feel what you thought was love. Soon enough, the box was empty and the floor was decorated with albums.

Vince neared you and rested his arm on the countertop space next to your leg, slouching and staring at you in your eyes.

"You alright? You've gone all quiet on me all of a sudden," he questioned while narrowing his eyes at you.

Noticing that you were now eye-level with him, you could see all of his face in greater detail. He was perfect, and without a single flaw you could identify. This made you choke up on the response you were about to give him.