Chapter 31

"THIRTY-ONE"

"THIRTY-ONE"

------------------------

"This is stupid." I mumbled as Aki and I took a seat on an abandoned tree trunk in our backyard. We were surrounded by a bunch of testosterone filled men. They -being Emmett, Jasper, Iñaki and Liam- thought it would be a genius idea to have a "wrestling match" to pass time and ignore what we all knew was going on in Italy as we speak.

It was still the same day Jasper arrived to spend some time visiting. We hadn't heard anything new from the group in Volterra, which could be both bad or good.

"Don't worry Doll." Emmett beamed, sending me a small wink. "I won't hurt them too bad."

"Em, my brother is a hybrid with superior strength. I'm a little more worried about you getting hurt than him." I retorted, cocking one eyebrow at him. This over confidence was going to be hilarious when Nacho crushed him.

"Ouch! I'm hurt you think so little of me." He quipped, giving me some side eye.

"Okay, okay, we get it. You guys are a lovely couple. Can we start?" Liam interrupted, earning an eye roll from me. "You two are sure you don't want to join?"

"Positive. I have to go to school and I don't really want a bunch of bruises to accompany my outfit." Aki retorted. "But if I was playing, you would all be toast, so just be thankful I'm doing this favor for you."

"Luz?" Nacho questioned, sending me a suspicious look. Normally I jumped at the chance to participate in these kinds of things. I just wanted to watch at the beginning. I've never seen Jasper or Emmett fight and I wanted to observe before I jumped in.

"I'm good for now." I smiled, gesturing for them to get back to what they were doing.

First, Liam and Iñaki approached each other. Emmett and Jasper took a step back in order to stay out of the way. My brother and brother-in-law shared one look before Liam charged. He went straight for Nacho's knees, trying to flip him and then pin him. Unluckily for him, Nacho was ready. He sidestepped to the left, right out of the blonde haired vamp's way.

"You gotta do more than that coldy." My brother smirked, sending both Aki and I a wink. In the blink of an eye, Liam charged again. This time with a different tactic. At the last minute, he spun to the right, catching Nacho off guard and pushing his around five feet backwards. The Spaniard quickly recovered. He reached forward, grabbed the collar of Liam's shirt and flung him into the woods.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6." Aki started counting. If she got down to zero before Liam returned, Nacho won. "5, 4, 3." Still no sign of the blonde Swiss vamp. "2, 1, 0."

"Wow that was a lame way for it to end." I voiced, sending my brother an unamused look. "Will you go fish him out of the woods?"

"Can't you do that? I need to relish in my glory for a few minutes." Nacho retorted, doing a stupid victory dance. He looked like he was doing Keiri's potty dance.