Chapter 23

"TWENTY-THREE"

"TWENTY-THREE"

------------------------------

"So you just casually made friends with werewolves?" Alessio questioned me for the fourth time since we started hanging streamers.

"Yes. It's not THAT crazy. They're just people." I rolled my eyes at his obliviousness, reaching up to tape the streamer he was holding on the wall.

"But they turn into giant animals Luce! How is that normal?!"

"Lex, I don't know if you've noticed, but our entire lives aren't exactly normal. For god's sake I can move things with my brain, run faster than the fastest athlete could ever dream to and lift more than a professional bodybuilder. Wolves aren't THAT out of the ordinary."

"Stop chit chatting and hang streamers." Guisy yelled at us from her spot across the room where she and Michele were hanging streamers twice as fast as us.

"Why are we doing this anyways? Sakura's just turning one. It's not like she'll remember anyways." Alessio grumbled.

"She will only turn one once Alex, stop complaining and do your share of the work." Guisy glared at him.

"Okay mom..."

"Oh no." Michele laughed as Giusy stopped what she was doing, ran over and pushed Alessio off of his ladder.

"Hey what the hell." He groaned from the ground.

"Don't."

"Sorry..." He grumbled standing up and rubbing his butt even though he probably barely felt the tumble. I continued cutting pieces of tape and taping them to the edge of the coffee table so I just had to grab a piece instead of ripping it off every time. Giusy and Michele finished and left to go do other preparations. Alessio and I continued to labor away at with the other half of the room.

"I can't believe tomorrow is January twenty-third. My baby is growing so fast." Aki practically cried as she walked into the living room holding her little daughter.

"I know the feeling." Elizabeth laughed from outside where she and Charlotte were perched on some chairs reading in the sun. "My son already feels like an adult."

"That's cause he practically is. Give him like one more year and he'll probably look older than me." I grumbled to myself.

"It's okay Luce, some people dream of being able to look sixteen or seventeen for the rest of their lives." Alessio taunted as he finished up a roll of red streamers before reaching for another.

"Heeeeeeey I can get away with saying I'm twenty-two, don't be rude." I laughed, smacking his slightly with my roll of tape.

"And yet, whenever you go to the bar with me you instantly get carded." Elizabeth pipped up from outside.