Chapter 30

"THIRTY"

"THIRTY"

-----------------

As I sat in the arm chair in my room, I gazed out the window while eating my food. I could be a professional chef, this sandwich was killer.

I had blanket upon blanket wrapped around me as the sky grew darker and darker. We made it about two hours since the clouds started rolling in, but there was yet to be any rain.

I spoke too soon. The heavens opened and giant drops of rain started falling from the sky. It was peaceful. I was warm inside with fuzzy blankets listening to the sounds outside.

Apparently, not everyone found the rain peaceful as Sakura started crying and screaming upstairs when a loud clap of thunder sounded.

"Aki you okay?" I yelled.

"Saki just doesn't like rain." Andrew yelled back. "Don't worry about it Lucy."

"Gosh Andrew, don't make your kid cry!" I yelled back, just to traumatize him a little bit.

"Luciana, shut up!" He growled back.

Laughing, I slouched back in my seat as the sky made another loud noise, quickly followed by a bright flash of thunder. The noise was followed by a high pitched yell and a booming laugh. I glanced back outside to try and see what could have made that noise. I had a suspicion, Emmett and Charlotte weren't back yet as far as I could tell so it was probably them. 

I was right. Running up the driveway was a large form soaked to the bone and a small blonde little girl on its back.

"Run!!!" I heard Charlotte yelling as they both laughed until Charlotte was heaving.

"We're almost there!" Emmett cheered as they skidded to a stop in front of the door. "Do we need a key?"

"Nooooo. Just twist the handle, I want to get out of the rain." Charlotte sassed, causing me to burst out laughing at her attitude. She was probably tired and cranky that she had to walk through the rain. I jumped up, much to my dismay, and walked to the bathroom to find some towels. I reached under the sink and grabbed two small towels and one larger one as I passed the towel closet on my way to the door. With my new luggage in hand, I stopped in the entryway of the house.

"Well, did you have fun?" I chuckled, seeing the duo in front of me.

"I'm all wet." Charlotte stated, shacking her head to knock some droplets out of her hair and off her forehead. She stripped her coat off and flung it towards the pile in the corner.

"Yes you are Char. Do you want a towel?" I smiled.

"Please." She agreed, reaching her hand out for the towel. I gave her two before she smiled at me and ran off towards her room to get changed.

With her gone, I turned to the large grinning man in front of me.

"Wow, you take her for one walk and she's gonna get pneumonia." I joked, handing him the towel. He looked at it confused for a second before looking back at my face. "Just take it, stupid. You may not be cold, but you are dripping wet. Do you want to just sit around in wet clothes? I don't think so."