SPECIAL: Someone Else's POV

Nate’s POV

I smile at the sight of Gwen cooing baby Victoria in the living room with Beta Goldsmith and Alice close by. Alice looks at me with a toothy grin.

“Victoria is so cute,” Alice gushes, touching the baby’s plump cheeks. Victoria starts to squirm in Gwen’s arms.

“Aww, Victoria wants daddy,” Gwen says, turning to me.

Plastering a smile on my face, I walk up to them and hold Victoria in my arms. Almost immediately, she relaxes and falls asleep almost immediately.

“Alice, it’s ten o’clock. Time for bed,” Beta Goldsmith tells her sternly.

My fourteen-year-old sister-in-law pouts. “Come on, mum, I wanna stay up and play with my niece.”

“You have school tomorrow so no.”

Alice defeatedly makes her way to her room. When she walks past me, I quickly whisper into her ears, “What about I pick you up from school tomorrow and together with Victoria, we are going to visit someone.”

Gwen and Beta Goldsmith raise an eyebrow at me which I ignore. Alice happily accepts my offer and got herself to bed without a fuss. I take over Alice’s place on the couch, sitting next to my mate. She touches Victoria’s soft curls.

Beta Goldsmith yawns out loud. “I think I’m going to hit the sack as well. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight,” Gwen and I murmur in synchronize.

“Who are you going to visit?” Gwen asks me casually. Ever since we got back from our honeymoon, she noticed a huge change in me. Now I often go out of the house with Victoria. It’s not that Gwen trusts me, she does since I used to be a hunter and all.

While Gwen is working to run the pack as a Beta, I decided to continue my studies in college. If Mel didn’t be an HQ Agent, she would be here studying in college with me.

I look at baby Victoria who is sleeping soundly. I cannot believe that in twelve years’ time, she is going to steal a potion from a witch. Mel has also explained to me that everything is going to change after this upcoming war, including the education system.

All creatures will live in harmony. No war. No blood pour.

“Just an old friend,” I reply, leaning over to peck Gwen in the lips.

“Who?”

I rake my head to come up with a lie. Nothing comes up. Gwen studies my facial expressions carefully.

“Uhh, someone from Newborough. Mel, she and I used to be close friends,” I state. I know who I’m talking about because I may see her if she’s where Mel told me she is.

Gwen is suspicious and I know that. I can’t tell her what’s going on. I don’t want to add more burdens on her shoulders because she already has enough by being Beta of the pack. Not to mention she sounds a little jealous at the word ‘she’. “I thought you were from Little Creek; not Newborough.”

“Yes, but she moved to Newborough with her father when Mel and I were ten,” I explain patiently.

“What’s her name?”

“Lisbeth Muller.”

Gwen still looks suspicious, yet she nods. I smile and then give her a sideway hug since I’m still holding Victoria.

“You don’t have to worry about us, Gwenny love. We were just old friends, that’s all. And she has a boyfriend,” I assure her. A boyfriend which is a Minotaur.