Encounter

Anna is pacing in my head, wanting to be let out to rip both their heads off.

“I should be asking you the same question,” I shoot back with a smirk.

The two of them glance at each other as if they’re communicating through their minds.

“Let’s kill them already!” Anna hisses in impatience.

No. I promised Mr. Muller that I’ll find out about their true intentions of Lisbeth before killing them. I never go against a promise, no matter what.

“What do you want to do with a human like Lisbeth?” Eleanor asks, narrowing her eyes at me. I notice her hands shaking slightly and veins nearly popping out of her neck. Let’s not mention her veins are turning black.

Black like evil.

Then I process their words in my head.

I blink at them with a surprise expression blooming on my face. So they have no idea what Lisbeth is? They think that she is human.

Does that mean they’re still a danger to her?

“Why do you care about my intentions of her?” I shoot back, keeping my stance in defense.

Eleanor and Caleb share a look briefly. “Lisbeth is our friend. She is important to us,” Eleanor answers when she looks at me.

Anna wants blood in our hands so Lisbeth will be safe. The rational side of me, though, disagrees. I try to remember what I have learnt in HQ about the different kind of creatures living in this world.

“Perhaps they’re demons,” Anna suggests, a little taking control of me so my eyes are blazing red right now.

No, they’re not demons. Demons aren’t supposed to have black blood because they don’t have blood at all. If you attempt to kill them, they can heal before you know it. However, if you stab them in the heart with a sword that is coated with holy water, they’ll disappear forever.

“She doesn’t know what you are,” I state.

“So?” Eleanor asks.

“She doesn’t know what you’re capable of. That you can kill her within seconds for the last seven years and yet you don’t want to. Why not kill her?” I ask the million dollar question. I can see them getting uneasy.

“She’s our friend,” Eleanor replies as she starts to shake in anger.

“As if friendship matters that much to you too. I bet whatever you are, you’re meant to kill people.”

“We can control ourselves,” Caleb replies, glaring at me. “I’m not sure if I can say the same for you. You’re much dangerous than the both of us combined.”

I click my tongue. “You may or may not be right. After all, neither of us intends to reveal our true self to each other, right? If we do, Lisbeth will be either dead or alive.”

“You’re not going to kill her,” Caleb yells at me. I see his veins turning black as well.

“Look at yourselves,” I say coldly. “You can’t keep a five minute conversation without shifting. Tell me, why not kill her in the first place?”

“Because I love her!” Caleb bursts out.

I raise an eyebrow at him. “Love? Ha! That’s the most pathetic excuse I’ve ever heard in my existence!”

I know that I’ve hit a nerve when I hear Caleb hisses at me.

“You’re so dead!” Caleb roars in anger as he charges after me. I smile wickedly, letting my temperature rise again. Once he’s close enough, I clench my right hand into a fist and punch him across his face that is contorting with rage. I hear him wince in pain as he stumbles back, holding his face. Eleanor takes a step towards me, her eyes turning blacker than usual.