Chapter 7: Dinner Part 2 & Dessert

Liam’s POV

“Would you like to tell me what he’s talking about young lady?” Ms. McAdams asked Esme in a stern motherly tone. I had to keep myself from grinning in victory. I looked like a little angel and Esme was about to get busted. She flashed me a quick glare before turning back to her mother.

“It’s really not a big deal mum…I’ve just-”

“You’ve just what?” she asked again, cutting Esme off mid sentence.

“I’ve skipped that class a few times.” she admitted freely. I was kind of expecting her to be all nervous and fidgety, or at least try to make an excuse. That certainly takes some of the fun away from this.

“Exactly how many times?” she interrogated. Esme rolled her eyes at her mother before speaking.

“Um I don’t really think this is appropriate dinner conversation mother. You know, we do have quests.” she said in an innocent tone. Her mum glared at her one last time before dropping the subject. Once we were all finished with our plates Esme and I were chosen to do the dishes, while our parents and my sisters got all caught up on the latest news in the den. Holly tagged along with us.

“Why the hell did you have to go and tell her about maths class?!” she asked viciously. I smirked before realizing little Holly could hear everything we were saying.

“Uh, little kid in the room. Probably not the best time to be discussing this.” I informed her with a fake smile. She rolled her eyes before returning her full attention to cleaning the dishes. I sat down at the table with Holly and engaged in a conversation about Justin Bieber.

“Will you really take me to one of his concerts?!” she squealed happily.

“Of course, as long as it’s alright with your mum.” I said smiling. Unlike her older sister, Holly is actually a good kid. She jumped up from her seat and hugged me tightly. I hugged back, and she quickly ran into the den to tell her mum.

“Alright so two I have two questions for you now asshole.” Esme snapped, grabbing hold of my arm and dragging me down the hall into what I’m assuming is her room.

“And what would those questions be.” I asked unenthusiastically.

“First why the fuck did you bring up maths?! And two, why the hell are you taking my sister to a Justin Bieber concert? That’s just weird.” she stated, causing me to chuckle. She stood there in front of me tapping her foot, impatiently waiting for me to answer her questions. I took a moment before doing so, knowing it would make her crazy. I walked around her unusually large bedroom, looking at all of the pictures and posters. Most of the pictures were of her and Anna and their little group. Others were of her when she was little, and I couldn’t deny the fact that she was actually adorable. Believe it or not, but she was actually kind of nice in those days. I’ve been going to school with her since the beginning; I had just never talked to her until now.

“Well as far as the first question goes, your mother asked me a question, and I simply gave her an answer. And for the second question, it is not weird. You’re just mad that your little sister likes me more than you.” I stated matter-of-factly. I could see the anger rising in her by the way she was glaring at me.

“Ughhhh.” she grunted in frustration. “Why do you have to be such a little asshole!? You made me look bad in front of both my mum and your parents, and made yourself look like a goody-two shoes. Maybe I should just inform Karen of your little detention today?” she threatened, catching me a bit by surprise.

“How the hell did you know I got detention today?!” I quizzed angrily. She smirked, and let out a laugh at my frustration.

“Better think twice before opening up so freely to one of my best-friends.” she stated innocently. Now I was steamed. Why did I think even for a second that I could trust Anna? I must truly be an idiot.

“Kids, dessert is ready.” Ms. McAdams informed us before I could even reply to Esme. We walked back into the dining room and took a seat as her mum passed around a cake.

“Oh right, Liam, you forgot this in detention today.” Esme said, handing me my headphones. My eyes just about popped right out of my head. I didn’t think she’d actually bring that up. “Anna wanted me to get them back to you.” Both of my parents were staring at us with confused looks on their faces.

“Liam, sweetheart I thought you stayed late today for track practice?” my mum questioned me, while my father glared in my direction. Unlike Esme, I can’t really talk back to my parents.

“Well…I actually had a detention with Mr. Perrie…” I confessed, trying to avoid all eye contact with them.

“We’ll talk about this when we get home young man.” my mum said assertively. And I knew I was going to get my ass handed to me. When my parents went back to talking to Ms. McAdams I mouthed a quick ‘fuck you’ to Esme and she just smirked evilly back at me. Oh, this means war. That little bitch is going down.

“So mum, did I tell you that I finally got that recommendation letter for University?” I asked striking up a conversation.

“Oh you did? That’s wonderful sweetheart.” she said with a widening smile.

“Essy did you get one too?” her mother asked in a hopeful tone.

“Yes Essy, did you? I mean you were in the principal’s office before I went in.” I said innocently. She knew exactly where this conversation was going and she was not happy about it at all.

“Not exactly mum…” she answered without attitude this time.

“Then why were you in the principal’s office?”

“I um…I, I might have gotten suspended.” she replied guiltily. I saw the disappointment in her mother’s eyes when she said this, and suddenly I felt a little bit bad for bringing it up. I guess it was sort of a low blow.

____________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello Lovebugs! Sorry I kept you waiting so long for this! I hope it was at least somewhat worth it! :). Any predictions on what you think might happen next? Pweeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeee comment/vote/fan! Love you guys.xx