Bees

So as I was writing the previous chapter and I mentioned I was stung by a bee, I just remembered. One of the things I wanted to write about was our school's serious bee problem.

Seriously, we has a serious bee problem.

There were a bunch of trees that looked a bit like coconut trees planted all around school. And they flower a lot of small flowers. Like I mean a lot. Huge clusters of tiny yellowish white flowers bloom on the weird trees, and then fall all over the ground to the point you don't see the floor. The floor is tiny weird flowers.

This might sound like some anime scenery, but I assure you, it's nowhere near that. For one, the flowers looked pretty freaking ugly. For another, it's hard to appreciate a scene from ouran high school bullpoop when there's bees all over the floor, going through all the weird flowers and terrorising students and teachers alike.

I don't think I've seen a bee nest anywhere at the school compound, but I'm pretty sure there must be at least one to explain the bee invasion we were constantly under. They also love clustering around the top part of the tree, where it was filled with even more weird tiny flowers. And that's where the problem starts.

The trees were planted in the middle of the school between Block A and Block B of the school. And they were tall. Tall enough the reach the 2nd or 3rd floor of the buildings where the classrooms are at. And our classrooms have jalousie windows. You know, these windows:

(Credits to Google for this photo cause I doubt I can draw these with my skills)

And these windows aren't the best to deflect incoming bees from entering the classroom and stinging kids. So as you expected, bee invasions are common.

It's has came to the point that whenever a bee flies into the classroom, a drill initiates: whoever is closest the the switches turn all the lights off, everyone opens the window panes wide, and for some reason, we all hide under the tables like an earthquake is approaching, probably so the bee doesn't blindly hit our faces. The bees usually leave the classroom soon enough, I'm pretty sure they're attracted to light outside the classroom when the lights are off.

Speaking of attracted to lights, the bees LOVE crowding and clustering around the lights in the toilets during the early morning, when the school is still pitch black from the lack of sunlight. When you walk in the toilets, you don't see lights, you see a humongous mass of black wriggling bees crowding on the lights. Then you slowly back away, and decide you can hold it until you go home.

On the same note, I've been stung by bees thrice before. The one I previously mentioned in the previous chapter was my second time. The first time was when one flew into the classroom when no one noticed and stung me somewhere behind my knee. The last time that happened was two years ago, I think. A bee flew into my room (for some reason I'll never know) and being barefoot isn't the best thing to be in those circumstances.

So yeah, I have stuff that I miss from my primary school, but bees are not on that list.