Singapore Trip (Part 1)

Yeah, this story is gonna be so long I think it'd be better to split it into parts.

After UPSR, the important exam all Standard 6 students of the entire freaking country had to take, it was time for us to take a break. So, as a special treat, at the end of the year all the Standard 6 students get to go on an overnight trip for the annual school trips.

Luckily for our batch of @2018 Year 6 kids, instead of a two day one night trip to somewhere in the country, we got a three day two night trip to Singapore instead. Which I need to say, was a serious cause of celebration.

So me, a 12 year old who never spent a night without my parents or family my entire life, was really excited for the trip. Spoiler warning: I didn't enjoy it a whole lot. Actually, scratch that, I'm pretty sure I didn't enjoy at least 90% of the trip.

Today when I think back to it, I don't have a lot of regrets joining the trip. It was pretty cool, also an experience I doubt I'll get to do again. But 12 year old me living in that present regretted every single moment of it.

I'm pretty sure the main reason I didn't enjoy the trip a whole lot compared to the rest of my classmates is that my partner I was paired with wasn't really willing to do a lot of stuff throughout the whole trip. (Sorry partner. But seriously, get a life.) On the first day of the trip in the gardens by the bay, they didn't had a while lot of fun cause they had really bad allergies and didn't want to step into the place, so I couldn't do a lot by myself. We spent the entirety of the afternoon of the second day in Universal Studios if I remember correctly, but I'll continue that story in the next part.

Anyways, 12 year old me thought the entire trip was a scam which in her defence, pretty much was. She'd probably not like the fact I'm trying to recall this trip in a better spotlight than it's worth, but eh. Sorry 12 year old me, but you aren't the most mature and positive person I knew in my life. (Actually, she might be now when I think of it. Maybe that's why I used to be so negative)

So yeah, we spent the majority of the first day sitting in the bus driving to Singapore. Surprisingly, I was pretty okay with that part of the trip considering I get carsick pretty freaking easily. We were supposed to arrive at Gardens by the Bay at like 3-4pm but traffic resulted in us arriving at 5-6pm.

Like I said earlier, my partner wasn't very willing to explore the gardens when we were allowed to go off because of their allergies, so they were in a pretty crappy mood the entire evening. Another thing about 12 year old me, I try way to hard to care about everything, so I spent more energy trying to get my partner to enjoy the trip than enjoying it myself. It was still a pretty nice time there though, the flowers were really nice. If I could go to Singapore again I need to revisit there and enjoy it fully.

Anyways, because we arrived late, the schedule for everything was pushed back, so we were only heading for dinner at 7-8pm. And it was really freaking dark at that time. So naturally the entire bus C got lost in the gardens.

I'm pretty sure the reason for that was because one kid mistook the tour guide of another bus (I'm assuming bus A or B cause they're parked at the other side of the gardens) as our tour guide, and everyone just followed him. We lost said tour guide at a T-junction because if how dark it was, and so the entire group of bus C kids and teachers were lost.

Thankfully, we found the car park eventually. But it was like 8-9pm already and we were REALLY behind our schedule. We took the bus to the city (what do I mean the entire country is a city) and had dinner somewhere in an underground restaurant, I think. My memory is fuzzy.

The dinner was good though.

So with the traffic jam and getting lost at the gardens, we finally reached the hotel near midnight. To save money, three kids were stuffed into a room each. Problem? There's only one double bed.

I should stress this a little more just so you know how small that double bed was. You'd think it's the size of a queen size bed, but no it wasn't. It was just a little bigger than a single bed, which was ridiculously tiny for three people.

Long story short, my classmate's sleep yoga almost sent me off the bed at night, and I'm pretty sure I barely got 3 hours of sleep. We had to wake up the next morning at 7ish I think, so there wasn't a lot of time to mop around my lost sleep hours. Day 2 of Singapore trip: somehow simultaneously both the best and worst part of the trip.