Singapore Trip (Part 2)

The morning started off pretty okay for me, cause breakfast was chicken rice and soya milk, coincidentally both were my favourites. The soya milk didn't taste very nice though, I like it cold and sweet, not warm and kinda bland.

Here was the best part of the trip I really enjoyed: Sentosa Aquarium. I'm pretty sure I lost my partner somewhere at the start of the aquarium, so I just tagged along with my friends from another class for the day (either that, or they were with me and it was two pairs of us, if it was, I don't remember interacting with my partner throughout the trip)

I don't remember a whole lot of the aquarium trip. In fact, the only reason I remember it now is that while going through an old entry of this particular trip (you can read it in my random book, it's particularly negative because of 12 year old me), it was mentioned for only a sentence or two before moving on to the rest of the stuff. I guess past me was just so fed up about what happened afterwards that she didn't bother to remember how sweet the aquarium was.

That might be cause I really like marine animals, they're interesting. That's probably the reason I enjoyed that part of the trip so much.

So yeah, next up was the worse part of the trip: Universal Studios. I'm pretty sure everyone else who went on the trip with me would beg to differ, Universal Studios was a famous theme park, and without their parents around, they were free to go to any ride if their choice with their friends without restrictions.

Problem? Unlike just about everyone on the trip, I wasn't partnered with a friend. My friendships had always been rocky, but it was particularly, stupidly horrible near the end of the school year. So my friends were either partnered up among themselves, didn't participate in the trip altogether or were in a different class. The result was me partnered up with the partner I was talking about.

I guess I should be thankful I wasn't partnered up with someone stupider, like those particularly mean boys in my class, but then again I think I probably have the right to be ridiculously salty for my luck.

Alright, the rest of this chapter is gonna sound like an extract from the Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but I need to assure you: it's completely true to the point I can't stress how true it is.

So, my partner outright REFUSED to try out any ride in the theme park. I'm not lying, they decided they spent hundreds of ringgits just to go there, and they decided the best way to spend the time was to sit down somewhere at the sidewalk and WAIT for the day to be over. The reason? They said they went to Universal Studios last year, and they decided it wasn't worth it to ride the rides again.

Dear readers, I really do hope you guys believe me, because I don't have any goddamn pictures to prove how stupid of a predicament I was in that day.

The rules my teachers gave out was that we weren't allowed to any ride without our partner and we had to stay together at all times. 12 year old me had too big of a heart and was too much of a coward to think "what they gonna do? Try and stop me?" And ditch that partner right at the spot and go enjoy the rest of the day to myself. So instead, I spent what must've been an hour just trying to convince my partner to have some fun.

Eventually, I did manage to get through them, cause we took a ride at a Jurassic Park attraction, which was actually really fun for me. We were about to head to the next attraction when enter the next stroke of bad luck: my partner lost their belonging. (I'd say what they lost if it weren't cause it'll probably out their gender)

Seriously, this will probably sound really, really mean, and I hope my partner doesn't have wattpad and is reading this right now, but I seriously blame the reason why the Singapore Trip didn't go well for me, especially Universal Studios, on my partner. I understand they couldn't have done anything to lose their belonging on purpose, but WOW, I don't think you guys know just how much I hated them, the theme park, and the entire goddamn country at that moment.

I'm just gonna fast forward the next hour of two of the trip, cause it was mainly me helping my partner to search for the missing belonging while I was silently raging and getting increasingly frustrated with every second I lost to my partner in the theme park.

So before this chapter turns into a long sad angsty rant, I'm just gonna hold it there. Anyways, we spent those hours just looking for the thing, until it started to rain. Heavily.

I wasn't lying when I said this sounds like the Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

So because of that, we gave up looking for the belonging and spent the last hour just browsing the stores at the roofed section of the theme park. I didn't buy anything if course, it was seriously overpriced.

We went for dinner afterwards, but I don't remember where it was. Then we headed to another hotel, and whatever the heck happened there is long enough that I'm just gonna put it as Part 3.