22:59

22:59

We slipped into the crowd, lost amidst the sea of people, old friends catching up, new friends made. The crowd teemed with a life of it's own, their faces lit up by the colourful streamers.

Ana and I roamed around for an hour, having to occupy ourselves with something before the clock struck twelve. However with only minutes left for midnight to come we realised we had ventured too far away. Panic began to set in.

"Shit" Ana cursed before grabbing my arm, and ran.

Upon the sight of the familiar clock tower at the intersection, she slowed as we both tried gulping down heaps of air. We still had the time.

"Oh we made it!" She exclaimed, and tugged me closer, her chest still heaving.

And then it began.

Ten.

My gaze lazily slid across the town square.

Nine.

Ana gripped my fingers tight.

Eight.

I gripped them tighter.

Seven.

We smiled at each other.

Six.

Our voices merged with hundred other as we counted down the seconds.

Five.

Then I saw him.

Four.

Standing there next to a gorgeous girl in red, his hands folded over his chest.

Three.

My eyes trailed to his face, his beautiful chiseled face and I felt my chest constrict.

Two.

Everything around me seemed to fade, the voices a distant echo as he consumed my entire vision.

One.

His blue eyes met mine.

"Happy New Year!"

Everyone cheered.

01: 01: 2024