03:02

03:02

The moon had just lulled the sun to sleep, making it cast hues of red and orange in the skies above.

Kevin was in middle of walking me home, his hands stuffed in his jeans pocket to protect them from the bite of the cold. I wrapped his coat around me and bit more, basking in this scent.

I told him he needed it more but the dimpled smile wasn't a battle I was about to win today.

We pulled up to a deserted alley by a store that was closed for the day, the moon hanging dangerously low. Kevin looked at me in a way a shiver ran down my spine.

Something down there clenched as my chest heaved in response. It's like Kevin could read my thoughts because he pushed me against the bricked wall and claimed my lips.

His kiss wasn't like the others, it was hot and feverish. His hands weren't calm and collected like before but restless and exploring, touching me in places my body yearned.

I gasped but he swallowed it in his mouth.

My mind raced through a thousand things and suddenly coldness crept up, uninvited but firm.
And it froze all the searing trails he had left on my skin.

My body tensed under his as I whispered softly against his lips, "I" I hesistated, scared to break this moment, scared to break whatever had built between us, "I can't."

Kevin pulled back, his brows drawn in confusion. But he only nodded and continued to walk me home.

And didn't speak to me for the rest of the way.