23:06

23:06

The ecstasy upon finding someone who mirrored you, someone who shared the same interest, someone who just got them. I was overridden with it.

Kevin was just like me. He was a hopeless romantic, though he'd never admit it out loud.

I was smart enough to figure it out from the way he could recite Julia Robert movies or the way his blues shone brighter at the mention of a happily ever after.

I learnt a lot about Kevin from our conversation. His last name was Pierce. He was in town to visit one of his cousins, the one I happened to see on New Year's Eve. Thank god we didn't bring it up, it was a night I managed to make a fool out of myself.

I loved answering Kevin's questions,it made me seem knowledgeable and impressive. I told him about the classes I was undertaking, the clubs I headed and my roommate, Ana and even her boyfriend, Leon.

"So what does Leon do?" Kevin asked, a bit of croissant crust marring the corner of his lips. I itched to wipe it off myself.

"Leon is-" I paused, and realised I didn't know. And I didn't like the fact that I didn't know. And I definitely didn't like the fact that I couldn't answer him. And I hated that I turned the conversation awkward.

"I guess Ana knows, huh?" Kevin was polite enough to ignore the way I tried to comically dodge the question.

Gosh, liking someone was hard.