Chapter 6 Changes and More letters.

Since breakfast was considered over. The teachers and Harry headed to the Staff lounge.
"Alright Mr.Potter what's our first order of business?" Slughorn asked.
"We can't put any real changes into play. But there is something all of you should know about Dumbledore." Snape looked perplexed.
"What about Albus?" Mcgonagall asked.
"While going through the school accounts Professor Snape found several irregularities. Most of which is money going missing. It turns out that the even though class have been cut in the last 100 years. Hogwarts was still receiving those funds. Now normally this wouldn't be too big a deal except Severus also found just where that money was going. It was going straight into Dumbledore account. So while he cut classes and pocket the difference, he also cut back the funding for your own classes, then pocketed the difference."
"Are you positive?" Flitwick asked Snape.
"His portrait didn't even deny it." His voice was hard. All those times he requested better equipment and was told it wasn't in the budget.
"Now, while I would like to continue this conversation. Professor Mcgonagall, you are a bit stretched thin correct?" The woman nodded. "I was wondering it you would be interested in either giving up the head of Gryffindor position or Deputy Headmistress. I will give you time to decide, but I will tell you know that if you chose to give up the deputy spot then Severus will take your place. But if you choose to give up being head of Gryffindor house then I will let you pick your replacement." The woman looked shocked.
"Why? After everything I've done to you?" Snape said with guilt in his voice.
"Ah but you see. I went through all your paperwork when you were asleep. You have a great mind and great ideas for the school. Think of this as a clean slate. A fresh start to be the man my mother always thought you were." The obsidian eyes hardened with a new sense of determination. "You will also be the defense against the dark arts teacher. If the changes prove to be to much to handle both, we will find a replacement.
Now teaching assistants will be something to look forward to next year, as well as increased budgets and more classes. Seventh and sixth years will be welcome to come back for an extra year if they wish to. We will figure out the arrangements over the summer.
Now Madame Pomfrey are you familiar with a retired healer named Reynolds?" He asked.
The woman thought for a bit. "I did some work during my training under a Reynolds. Haven't heard from her in years though."
"I will have her brought here. I want every student checked for potions, spells and blocks. About two months ago Ron left Hermione and I in the middle of a forest. I had put on my lord ring and anything in my system was purged but Hermione seemed to be going through withdrawal symptoms. I took her to a safe house and Reynolds double checked my findings, she was doused with love, jealousy, hate and loyalty potions." Gasps went round the table.
"How was she still able to function?" Slughorn asked.
"If it was anyone else they would probably be in a coma. But Hermione is a stubborn as they come with a moral compass that surpasses the saints. I'm also positive that she's built up a form of immunity towards them since I believe they started the summer after my fourth year. I also believe that Ron was the one dosing her. Since he left the withdrawal started. He cant make acpotion to save his own life so I'm sure he had help. Probably his mother and sister. That will be delt with when the war is over. Now I'm going to leave you all to talk. I will be in the Headmasters Office. If anyone needs me send for me."
With that he left the others to talk.

The castle seemed more alive then ever as he walked through and towards his office. He would have to get used to that. He stopped at the end of the corridor and watched as students shuffled nervously and avoided looking at the others. He knew that look it's the look that sure your gonna hear me out but you won't do anything about it. He had that exact look many times in his childhood with the Dursley's.
"Would you like to go one at a time or in pairs or all at once?" He asked. They all stared at him wide eyed. He touched the Gargoyle and it moved to the side.
"If the passage is closed it means I'm not in there or I'm in the middle of something that can't be interuppted. Otherwise it will always be open no password needed. As it should be." He huffed. He had hated how Dumbledore was so closed off to the students, preferring to take a back seat unless their lives were in danger. He felt a tug on his robe. It was the first year from this morning.
"Are you really going to help?" He knelt down to her level.
"I am. I will let your families either know you are safe or I will get them to safety myself. No matter what it takes. Hermione calls it my saving people thing."
The girl giggled. "Now how about we get some hot chocolate and you can tell me everything you can so I can help." She nodded. A few others came up with her.
"Now I need your names." He said as hot chocolate appeared on the desk. He had put Severus' notes away in a box for him to grab latter.
"Im Susie Flint. My uncle is Marcus Flint. He used to talk about playing quidditch against you. Mommy and daddy passed away in an attack on Diagon Alley. Can you find him and tell him I'm ok." She clutched her hot chocolate in her small hands.
I quickly went over the names of the people staying in the Slytherin Mansion. There is was 10 rows down.
I gave her a smile. "Your uncle is safe and sound in one of my safe houses. If you have your letter my house elf will deliver it. She pulled the crumpled parchment from her pocket. Dobby appeared and Susie handed it to him. Giving a teary smile she thanked him.
Next was the Greengrass sisters. Their parents too were at the safe house. The process went on with most of their families being at the safe house only four would he have to investigate. He also sent Dobby to Fred and George to get the news out over the radio.
He would also need to plan something for everyone to see their families at Christmas. He also took great pleasure removing Dumbledores portrait from the wall.