Chapter 4 Rescuing the children

He was tired of this war, it was all for nothing. For people who wanted to make themselves feel better at being pathetic. No He wasn't having it. He wasn't going to let these people hold hostage the future generations. He would save them. He didn't dare apparate into the town. He wasn't stupid their must be some kind of patrols or alert systems activated. He activated the map. He could see everyone's movements. He watched for hours. Watching the movements of the known death eaters. Dusk fast approached once night fell and the moon was high then he would make his move.
He heard a quiet trill. Feeling a weight set itself on his shoulder, he recognized the form of Fawkes. The Phoenix protector of Hogwarts.
"I need to get into the castle. Will you help me?" The bird nodded. "To the chamber of secrets please." With a burst of flame they were gone. He stood once more where the first horoxrux was destroyed. It felt like a lifetime ago but it had only been four and half years. First he would start with the Slytherins their dorms were the closest. But first he needed to get rid of that god awful smell. Air freshening charms cleared the air. Along with cleaning and freshening charms on his clothes. He walked over to the wall. This would lead him directly into the Slytherin common room.
"There's an easier way." A soft voice spoke. He whipped around wand at the ready. Only to see the Grey Lady.
"What do you mean?" He asked as he lowered his wand.
"The ward stone it controls all of the castles wards. It hasn't been used in almost 900 years. It requires the blood of a founder to fully recharge." She said floating to the mouth of the statue. "I knew you had hidden power the first moment I saw you. You look like each of them,you know. Godric's Hair, Helga's smile, Salazar's face and my mothers eyes. Dumbledore hid their portraits somewhere in the castle, even in a 100 years I haven't been able to find them." She floated into the statue.
'Stairs'  He hissed and they appeared from the water. He quickly followed her inside.
"The basilisk, she was always meant to protect the students, but as you know she was only ever used against them." She went through another door. We he opened it he was shocked inside was a giant diamond, covered in golden runes.
"They created this?" He was in awe.
"It was my mothers project. While she wasn't the best mother, she was an incredible witch and teacher. The ward stone has been absorbing the ambient magic for 1000 years. Cut your hand and awaken the power of Hogwarts."
"What will happen after I do it?" He asked.
She smiled. "You will have the castle wards tied to you effectively becoming the Headmaster."
"I can deal with that." A quick cutting spell and blood poured from his hand.
"Get the blood in the middle 7 drops would be best." She spoke up. She was pleased, for the last 300 years she was upset with how the school was being run. But she knew now that things were going to change.
Seven drops fell and power surged from the stone wrapping around those like a blanket, full of warmth and hope. While few others felt the blanket crushing them. Only one screamed out in pain as magic seeped minto his body riding it of the taint.
Hogwarts read her new masters wished, to clean the filth from the castle. To purify and heal all those who had been wronged. He felt the locket on his pocket burn hot. Ripping it off he flung it away as the magic of several generation flowed through it and cleansed the filth. In another part of the castle the same thing was happening with the diadem of Ravenclaw. When it was cleansed it appeared next to the locket in the chamber. He picked the locket up first, the s on the front shifted changing into a P, he placed it around his neck. When he touched the diadem it also changed instead of the feminine styled it changed to a  full crown.
"You will also find that they change into weapons."Helena spoke. Her form was not as bleak as it was before and you could now see the color of her eyes, the ones they shared with her mother. "The crown will change into bow and arrows. The locket will change into a spear and shield. Helga's cup turns into a dagger and Godric's sword turns into a ring." He nodded trying the transformation out. They were heavy, he would need to practice to build up the muscle to use them properly.
"The death eaters should be purged from the school by now. Shall we watch the chaos." He grinned.
"I would love nothing more."
They left the chamber. And headed to the great hall where the teachers had gathered.
They stood quietly watching as they argued about what happened.
"I'm telling you they all just floated out of the castle!" Sprout spoke loudly.
He could see McGonagall's  temper rising and cleared his throat. They all whipped around pointing their wands at him.
"Mr.Potter what are you doing here? You must leave at once!" The cat animagus hissed quietly.
"The wards have been replaced and all death eaters have been purged from the castle. No more harm will come to the students here." The wand lowered.
"How do you know that?" Sprout asked.
"Because I'm the one who did it. You should all go to sleep nothing is getting through the Wards. Not even from the forest." They nodded and made their way back to their chambers. They would talk more about it in the morning.
"To the Headmasters office?" Helena asked.
"To the Headmasters office." After walking up several flights of stairs the gargoyle moved out of their way without a word. Inside passed out on the floor was Severus Snape Holding the Sword of Gryffindor. Harry transfigured a chair into a bed and levitated the man on it. Picking up the sword, he willed it to go to ring form, then placed it on his left middle finger. The set was almost complete, next would be to cleanse Gringotts of death eaters and claiming the cup.
But for now he had to get this castle back in order.