Chapter 5 Fixing Hogwarts

It seems seems Snape was already trying to do that. It seemed Dumbledore had been embezzling from the cancelled classes. Typical administrative idiots, cancel the classes but still take the money. Snape even had the paperwork, to restart several classes and budgets already set. He did make a good headmaster maybe I could convince him to be deputy.
Suddenly Dobby popped in.
"Harry Potter sirs, sir's misses Grangy be asking for him." He said nervously.
"You may bring her here. She will be safe, I'm also sure she will be glad to be home." Dobby popped away. "Winky!" He called out.
A weak looking house elf appeared before him swaying. "Winky you are here because I want you to bond to the castle."
"But winky want family." She sobbed.
"It's not a traditional family, winky but their are children here who need to be looked after. Hogwarts is a family. The professors are the parents and here everyone is brother and sister and cousins. We need a dedicated house elf like yourself working here. To protect the children." He told her softly.
She thought it over and nodded her head. A bright golden light enveloped her. Soon her ratty dress was replaced with a Hogwarts house elf Uniform. It was a black dress with the Hogwarts crest on the back in gold.
"Now winky, I would like you and some others to make up some rooms for Hermione and I, we won't be staying in the dorm."
"Right away Master Harry Sirs."
She popped away just as Hermione and Dobby reappeared.
"Harry! Why are we at Hogwarts? It's overrun with death Eaters." She said on the verge of panicking.
"I got rid of the Death Eaters not to long ago. They will never again gain a foot hold in this castle. A room is being prepared for you. Go to sleep and I will explain everything to everyone in the morning."
She sighed. "Fine, but only because Healer Reynolds said I need rest."
"Winky will show you the way."
The house elf reappeared and led her away.
"Dobby, I have one more thing to do before I rest for the night. Will you be my personal elf?" Tears appeared in his eyes and silver light wrapped around his body. He now stood a foot taller, wearing shorts and a shirt with the potter crest on the back.
"Thank you so much Master Harry Potter Sirs."
"I'm fixing to head to bed will you wake me at 6. Goodnight Dobby."
The elf popped away. Hogwarts led him to his room. Doing a quick sweep of the castle on the map. He went to sleep.
The next morning he woke up to the smell of coffee. Getting up, taking a shower he saw that Dobby laid out some of his newer clothes. Finally he was ready.
The first thing he did was make his way to the room of requirements.
He could hear them preparing to fight as the door appeared. He opened the door slowly and called out. "Ok I know you all are pretty high on adrenaline right now but can I either come in or you all come have breakfast in the great hall."
"Harry is that you?" What sounded like Neville asked. He popped his head around the door frame.
"Hey Nev, yeah I came last night. All the death eaters are gone. Even the student ones. You all get ready for breakfast and come down will ya." The rest whispered.
"Well I better get going see you all at breakfast. He started whistling you are my sunshine. Although none of the pure bloods recognized it.
"He sure is happy for someone fighting a war." Seamus said breaking the silence.
"We will find out why at breakfast, be prepared for a trap." Ginny said she wouldn't trust him until she knew for sure he was the real one.

In the headmasters office waking up from his sleep was Severus Snape the first thing he saw was a letter saying read me. For the first time in sixteen years he cried. His friend had forgiven him. He decided to head down for breakfast. Upon exiting the office he was shocked, the castle looked brighter somehow. He froze when coming down the corridor towards him was Harry Potter.
"Good morning Professor, I'm guessing you read the letter?"
"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" He grabbed Harry's arm trying to drag him into the office. When he noticed his bare arm. "How?" He stuttered.
"It will all be explained at breakfast. Join me you also might want to stay behind me, in case someone tries to attack you."
Snape nodded still mystified at his bare arm. When they entered the hall, everyone was shocked as Harry sat down in the Headmasters chair.
"The death eaters are no longer in the castle. Eat then I will tell you all what happened. Don't want anyone choking while they eat." The food appeared and in record time everyone was done.
"Alright Mr. Potter it's about high time you tell us what's going on."
He sighed setting his cup down.
"Before my birthday I received a letter from Gringotts. Due to everything that happened I didn't get a chance to read it until two months ago. Inside it had the usual inheritance stuff but it also contained two letters from my parents. My fathers letter was full of anti Slytherin rants and terrible pranking ideas. My mothers held the Potter lordship ring." The pure bloods gasped.
"But how it had been lost since your grandfather died?" Mcgonagal asked.
"Yes, that is the story. Except it wasn't. My grandfather didn't think my father was mature enough to head the family so he gave it to my mother to give it to me on my fifteenth birthday. Thanks to the ring my body was purged of all outside influences. From potions, to spells, and blocks on my core." He watched as Ginny Weasley flinched. "It also left behind a detailed family tree and history. Come to my Surprise that The first Potter was actually the only son of Salazar Slytherin. He had been so ashamed of his father that he changed his name after his father died. Then three generations later the only granddaughter of Godric Gryffindor and Helga Hufflepuff married Thomas Potter. So on an so forth until my father married my Mother. The last descendant of Rowena Ravenclaw at least from the main line there is a branch family still active. Using that knowledge I was fully prepared to come in here and rescue all of you. Until Helena stopped me." The ghost appeared from the ground. "She told me of the ward stone that only the founders heirs could control. And after 900 years I activated it. It removed all willing death eaters from the castle as well as set the wards at full power. It even removed the dark mark from the unwilling." He cast a glance at Snape. It didn't go unnoticed.
"What about our Families?" A hufflepuff called out.
"If you give me their names I can check to see if their in the safe houses. I would suggest you all write your families letters. Tell them that you are now safe. I will make sure they get them, even if I have to deliver them myself."
"What if our families are dark?" A 1st year from Slytherin asked quietly.
"They are your parents. Do you love them? Do they take care and protect you?" The girl nodded. "Then yes, beven the dark families. I will only say this once. Dark does not mean Evil just like light doesn't mean good." His gaze focused on Ginny who refused to meet his gaze.
"If your families however, support the Dark Lord. I would like to speak with you, in the headmasters office."
"Why the headmasters office?" A fifth year Ravenclaw asked.
Harry gave a cheeky grin.
"Because I'm the new headmaster." That's when the room exploded with noise.
It took several minutes before everyone calmed down.
"Because of my blood and the fact that I and I alone control the ward stone, per school bi-laws that makes me headmaster." The room was silent. "Which reminds me a staff meeting will be taking place soon, how about we give everyone the day off so we can get things back in order." The teachers grudgingly agreed and the students cheered.