Interesting/ amusing facts about the original story

So, I decided that I would make one final chapter with just a couple of interesting differences between the very first and this version of Amethyst Gem. Now, remember this was about 5 years ago when I was quite young and hadn't perfected my writing talent so forgive the weird parts. I'm not sure any of you will care but I hope you will take the time to read them because I find some of them as slightly foolish choices on my part. Hope you enjoy :D

1) The Title:

I thought I would start with the main fact, although not amusing in any way. Upon the very first time of me thinking up this story, not even really having written it to paper, it was named 'The Lost Princess'. Amazingly, this only lasted about a day, a week tops, until my clever little brain realised that this was a terrible choice. This was mainly because I wanted it to appeal to my brother as I wanted him to read it but I'm really glad I changed it. Today I would argue that the origional title completely takes the focus away from Amethyst and gives way too much of the real storyline away. But secretly, I love the title Amethyst Gem because it basically makes no sense.

2) Comet

A fact you won't know about me is that I used to have a very close friend called Beth. Surprisingly this was around the time I started writing Amethyst Gem. Can you guess what comes next? Yes, Comet was originally christened Beth. To be honest she was never anything like my friend- being loud and blonde rather than quiet and ginger. I haven't actually spoken to Beth in over a year so I'm glad I decided to change that name. I actually thought Beth also sounded quite plain compared to Amethyst.

3) Lacey

Lacey has a couple of little interesting tibbits about her actually. In the very very first time I started writing Amethyst Gem she actually didn't exsist! I got up to the chapter where Amethyst meets the Terran family and wrote the sentence where she looked at the photo frame and was shocked. Basically I didn't want it to be some random Angelican the reader didn't know. Therefore, Lacey was born.

Except she wasn't.

Origionally, Lacey was called Lottie. See what I did there? Keeping the first letter the same, oh me. Anyway, because 'Lottie' was added in after I had already written the first 10? chapters she wasn't in it a lot. I was a lazy little bugger so whenever I didn't want to change it too much I just made her faint due to her 'nightmares'. She fainted a lot.

Finally, while Lacey was always going to have a mini fight with Amethyst for not being told about her family, I didn't decide to bring her back as a 'villain' until one of the later versions. Cool right? She was once a good guy.

4) Princess Roseline / Prince Archer

As a little girl, I always wanted to be a Princess. So I decided to make Roseline the good monarch and Archer the bad one. I then realised this would make all the good guys female and baddies male, kinda sexist I know. So I recently changed that.

Did you know though, Archer origionally was the master mind behind everything. The King wasn't actually evil but was being controlled by his extremelly powerful, evil, Mage son. Probably because he wasn't loved enough as the younger child or somthing. 

5) Perry / Bellona

Do you like the character Perry? Well tough because he wasn't in the original story. The first time I wrote that chapter it was actually Bellona because, oh my gosh, she was still alive. I decided it would be stupid for the person who saw the vision to not just tell Amethyst what she saw, and she would know Amy was the Princess Maia. Also, when I came up with the character Perry I just had to add him.

6) Honour

Honour, who's Honour? No there's only a Claude over here in the origional story. I know, ew, I was really bad with names back then. (no offense to anyone I just don't think Claude suits Honour's character). But you want to know what is wierd. I actually couldn't remember Honour's original name so had to go look it up, unlike with Beth and Lottie. Strange.

Also, do you want to know something kinda creepy. If you love the match of Amour (Amy and Honour) you probably shouldn't read this next part, it will ruin it.

Still want to know?

Honour and Amy were... origionally cousins! When I first came up with the story idea I was going to have it that they were related and so he was also royalty- not sure why I wanted it that way. Also, he was going to end up with Lacey- until she became evil obviously.

7) Griffin

Similarly to Honour, I have had to look this one up again. I hadn't rembered that Griffin was actually Maximilian. What was I thinking. (Also, Willow was actually Vira) And instead of falling for Comet he was going to end up with Amy, which is why I kept asking which couple you liked more as I didn't know whether to change it or not.

8) Amethyst

Now, you already know that Amethyst is Princess Maia but did you know that Hope wasn't. Originally they were gonna go to a cave where they found the necklace and Amethyts touched it, turned into a princess yada yada. Really Cliche basically. Therefore, she had MAGIC! I know, super obvious. At least that's what I thought, I didn't like how obvious it was so I changed it. Go me. 

So then, it was going to be that when they got to the cave a etheral being appeared who didn't understand who she was. She was then going to beat the King on her own and reatach to Amy. That was the burth of Hope.

9) Classes

This is kinda under Amethyst's heading as well. Basically, in the very beginning the class system was slightly different. The Angelica's already were born with wings but they were small and white. When they turned 16 the wings grew larger and changed colour- Pink meant the highest and I think orange was the lowest, there was still only 4 classes though. For the Mages it was there mark that changed colour and for the Terrrans it was their hair (I think?).

So when Amethyst got her wings they actually came out as silver and the quest she was sent on was to find out why. 

I basically changed all of it. 

11) where I got my inspiration

Finally, just thought you may find this interesting, how I came up with the story. 

It was all a dream!

Basically I dreamt that I was a princess (because I want to be one) who had a twin (because I want to be one) - can you see a reacurring theme here? But I was magic and someone (not sure who) got jealous of our power so banished myself into the earth and my twin into the stars. Before I could die my older sister saved me and dropped me off on someone's door step.

Do you see the similarites? 

Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope this may have answered a few questions? Or maybe you just found it interesting/ funny (unless I'm the only one who does).

Love you ALL XxX