Chapter 26

The damp hay was soaking through my finger tips and running goose bumps along my arms and legs. The stone walls that surrounded me were equally as cold and hostile, dripping a liquid from their cracks to the hyperactive beat of my own heart. Iron bars were the only means I could see out of the small, dark room. Their smooth surface glinted at me mischievously as they trapped me from the world I knew.

Across the way I could see Honour, curled up in the corner with his pointed chin resting in the crook of his knees, the tips of his ears twitching slightly at every small sound. Next to him was Griffin, who was stretched across his cell floor, head resting absently on his crossed arms. The two male's reaction to being locked up could not have been more different. Honour, it seemed, had reverted back to how he was when we had found him in the Queen's men’s cell, whereas Griffin was perfectly at ease with being confined- too sure of himself to care.

Finally, Comet was located next to me so I could not see her or her reaction. Although we had been talking for a while now, she was not as scared as I thought she would be.

"Would you stop saying that."

I sighed, Comet didn't seem to understand that I was attempting to apologise, not argue.

"Tell her, guys," Comet commanded the boys. Though, as soon as Honour opened his mouth in an attempt to agree he was interrupted by Comet continuing her rant. "Lacey and I chose to come with you Amy; we did it of our own free will just as any friend would."

"I know, but we didn't have to. I can still live a life, even with my wings broken." I exclaimed.

Comet was silent, obviously not believing me just as much as I did myself.

"Sure, but we still wouldn't have known about the poison," Comet argued.

I winced, really not wanting to think about that now. It probably wouldn't matter anyway; the likelihood of all of us getting out of here alive was very slim to say the least.

"But if it wasn't for me, Honour would still be happy in Terra Nova, and Griffin would be on his way to stop the King, instead of being in one of his prisons." I stated, gazing sorrowfully at the Terran opposite me.

Once again Honour opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by Comet's chatter. Instead, he smiled understandingly at me.

"Honour could have easily said no when Perry asked him to follow us, it's his own fault if you ask me. And Griffin never would have succeeded, he would be in this jail either way and we all know it."

The sound of rocks being thrown on the wall of Griffin's cage paused for a minute before a squeal of anger erupted from Comet.

"What I am trying to say Amy, is that we all love you and no matter what happens it is not your fault." Comet assured me.

Moving closer to the iron bars, I peered around to her. Seeing a pale arm wrap out from her side, attempting to reach me, I carefully did the same. Her hand found mine and squeezed it reassuringly.

"We'll get out of this, don't you worry. We just need to come up with a plan of some sorts."

I squeezed her hand back in agreement. "It's just a pity they use magic to stop our wings, magic and strength from working," I sighed.

Honour nodded in agreement.

"You should stop being so down all the time," Griffin muttered confidently. "If you hadn't all been wrapped up in yourself you would have noticed that I dropped a distress beacon back in the grove. My Men will find it and sense the spell cast there, they'll be able to track our location easily and should be here any minute now."

My jaw nearly dropped, no wonder he had been acting so calm. Who would have thought Griffin would be the one with the forward thinking plan.

"So now we just need to survive long enough for your friends to get here," Comet stated sarcastically.

"Speaking of surviving."

I had just glanced down the hall, thinking I had heard something, when I saw a couple of shadows marching towards us. Hopefully it was just a routine inspection, or lunch.

Everyone went quiet as the guards stopped at the end of our cells. Turning around, they made room for Princess Rosaline to saunter through. She stalled in front of me.

"Why hello little one, are you ready to meet the one who owns your life?"

I didn't know how to answer; did she even want me to? It was obviously no and she knew it.

"I would prefer not to," I answered slowly.

"Oh, you don't get a choice." Rosaline gestured for one of the guards to unlock my cell, before clasping my hands in chains and dragging me up.

The princess took my chin in her hands. I scowled at her as she ran her pointed nail down the side of my face.

"Such a pity," she murmured, "I would have liked someone like you on my side."

I yanked my head away angrily. The princess laughed at my foolish attempt to fight back.

Honour and Comet were both now stood at the bars of their cage.

"What about us?" Comet demanded as the princess began to lead me away.

"Yeah," Honour agreed, "we go anywhere Amy does."

The princess smirked, "not this time. Make sure they don't try anything."

The guard she had talked to saluted her in respect. He remained by their cells while I was escorted away from my friends.

___________________________

Ok, I know it was short but I just wanted it written. I don't know if you can tell but it's a bit of a filler chapter. You see, I didn't want it jumping straight into the next one as I have a lot of stuff planned for it, lots will be uncovered.

Sorry about that, still, hope you enjoyed it. Don't know about you but I'm finding the princess is getting kind of freaky. Promise I didn't mean to. Is it too strange, should I change her back to being more regal?