Chapter 2

Pic Of Stephanie ------------------------------------------------------------>

Chapter 2

As we walked home it was still light outside.  I heard someone playing guitar, and not singing.  Probably someone was trying to get money. "Hey lets go see who is playing guitar, it's pretty good from here."  Steph nodded in agreement and we walked towards the sound.  It was a rather scruffy looking man in his forties or fifties with an average looking guitar and a hat in front of him with a little scrawny looking dog next to him.  I had to deal with homeless people a lot in L.A, but never expected any in Cleveland.

 I walked up to him and the dog growled at me a little and I growled back initiating my dominance and he immediately stopped.  I came up and pet him and felt he was rough, dirty, and very skinny.  I always hate it when animals are mistreated.  There were a lot of people crowded around the man and putting in quarters, pennies, and dimes.  I reached in my wallet and pulled out a $100 bill and put it in the hat.

You're probably saying he would spend that money on drugs or alcohol, but I could smell that he was clean and probably had never done drugs or drank excessively.  He looked at me and thanked me before pulling me into a hug and I hugged him back even though he smelled like rotten hotdog.  He let me go and I patted his dog.  He obviously hadn't seen me touch the dog before because he said "You must be something special because Merlin there won't let anyone but me touch him." 

I laughed and replied "I'm like the alpha wolf in my family so I think he can tell."  Steph laughed and I started playing with Merlin's ears and talking to him like a three year old saying "Who's a good doggie, who's a good boy Merlin?"  Steph laughed again at how dumb I sounded and I glared at her, she just laughed again. 

"Do you have anything you want me to play miss?  I'll probably know it, I'm very universal when it comes to music." The homeless man asked.

"Well..."

"Jerry" He added.

"Jerry, do you know the song...Decode By Paramore, the acoustic cover? I asked.

"Of course but I don't know the words, or have a voice at that" he chuckled to himself.

"No problem I'll sing it" I replied easily. Then I spoke up to the surrounding people "My name is Andy Knight, and I'm going to sing Decode, so put money in the hat for this man if you like our cover."

He strummed the first note and I started singing.  Singing for me was as easy as blinking and even though all weres had pleasant voices, my voice has more depth and my father tells me even when I was three I always knew had to capture a crowd's heart with my voice.

How can I decide on what's right?

When you're clouding up my mind

I can't win your losing fight all the time

Nor could I ever own what's mine

When you're always taking sides

But you won't take away my pride

No not this time

Not this time

How did we get here?

When I used to know you so well

How did we get here?

Well, I think I know

The truth is hiding in your eyes

And it's hanging on your tongue

Just boiling in my blood,

But you think that I can't see

What kind of man that you are

If you're a man at all

Well, I will figure this one out on my own

(I'm screaming "I love you so.")

On my own

(My thoughts you can't decode)

How did we get here?

When I used to know you so well, yeah

How did we get here?

Well, I think I know

As I sang I caught the smell of something so delicious my mouth actually started to water.  I started looking for the source of the smell which was now wafting the scent of fresh laundry and the ocean. 

I think I know

I think I know

There is something I see in you

It might kill me,

I want it to be true

I looked straight into a man's silvery, blue eyes.  He had black hair that fell perfectly over his forehead and wasn't too long or too short.  His face held an expression of shock as both of us gasped and reached to our left collar bone as a searing pain shot through us.  He was my mate, my true mate, and we were marked forever.