Chapter 3

Matt’s room was really cozy. It had a big window, a nice big couch with a TV in front of it and many band posters on the wall. But I noticed, there was no bed. “No bed?”, I asked confused. “Uh no, I don’t sleep anymore. Only very young vampires do that.», he explained. “Oh… must suck. I mean, sleep is the greatest thing on earth! Apart from food and music of course.”, I said. “Speaking of food...” Matt leaned over the couch and pulled forth a bag of gummybears. “Want some?” My face lit up and of course I took some. “Do you actually need to eat?”, I asked with my mouth full of sweets. “Nah. But I love food, okay? Don’t judge me.”, replied Matt and shoved a handful of gummybears in his mouth. We sat for a few minutes and competed for who can get the most gummybears in their mouth without them falling out. Matt eventually won, but only because one of the bears slipped down my throat and I had to cough. After we both swallowed all our sweets, I noticed something. "Sorry, I'm still full of questions but aren't you supposed to have fangs too?", I asked. "I have. But I never bare them at anyone, I find it disrespectful.", said Matt, while lying on the ground and stretching himself. Then the big window caught my eye. "Holy shit, it's already dark! My mom will kill me if I don't come home now!", I said and jumped up. "I'll walk you home. It's dangerous at night.", said Matt, standing up too.

When we got outside on the street it was really cold. I shivered and wrapped my thin leather jacket tighter around my body. The only sources of light were a few old street lights and Matt's slightly blue glowing eyes. The street lights flickered, creating a really creepy atmosphere. Like some monster could jump out of the shadows any second now and rip you apart. "Are you cold little human?", asked Matt when he noticed my shivering and giggled. I rolled my eyes but nodded. So he wrapped his arm around me and pressed me against his warm body. He wasn't cold, like you would expect it from a vampire. He was... really warm... I felt save. Like this, we walked towards my house. I couldn't believe it. Luckily it was so dark, or he would've seen my crimson red face. Wait. Didn't he say he has nightvision? Ah shit. "Are you okay Dom? You're more red than the tomato soup I had for dinner.", laughed the vampire. "Are you embarassed because I'm holding you close?" I shook my head. "No I'm... I'm fine with that.", I squealed. I wanted to tell him that I find him attractive. Very attractive. But not a word came out of my throat, so I gave it up. Unfortunately it was only a short walk. We actually lived really close to eachother. "Thank you for coming over.", said Matt when we finally reached my house. "Yeah no problem. You helped me, so I had to help you. We're even.", I said and pulled the keys out of my pocket. "Alright, see ya tomorrow. Let's eat lunch at our spot again!", said Matt smirking. I smirked back. "I'd love to. My little vampire.", I giggled. "Yes, just make fun of me human." he laughed. And with that he was gone. The last thing I saw in the dim light was a blue haze running away. Must be great. Being like him and not having to worry about anything. I sighted and went inside.

P.o.v. Matt

I can't believe it. Did I just ask him out? No, I just asked, if we could eat lunch together. At our spot. At OUR spot. I lay on my sofa and burried my face in my hands. But even if he felt the same way, would he want to be together with a monster like me? I've dated guys before, but they all ran away after I told them about me. Ahhh shut up! Dom was the first one who didn't. He just accepted me the way I am. Could this work? I closed my eyes. But Dom was right. Sleep really was a good thing. He must be curled up in a nice warm blanket by now and dreaming of some weird shit. I miss it. Stupid vampire body. I sighted and climbed through my window and onto the roof. Whenever I need some time, I come here to look at the stars. It was a cloudless night, so you had a pretty nice view. "On the roof again Matthew? Just watch out that the boys don't copy that from you." Mason stood behind me. He laughed. "Don't worry.", I said looking back at the sky. "Okay out with it, what's bothering you?", he asked and sat next to me. I took a deep breath. "What do you do, when you have a crush on someone, but you're not sure if they want to be together with a monster?", I asked. Mason sighted and put a hand on my shoulder. "You're not a monster Matthew. You were just really unlucky and you know that. In fact, you're the most human person I know. You're a good kid. But... who is it?" I smiled at him. "Thanks... And it's Dominic. The one who visited tonight.", I answered and my heart warmed up when I mentioned his name. "And I guess I asked him out." "That's great! Just spend as much time with him as possible and soon you'll know his feelings. But I'm sure it'll work out. I have seen how he looks at you.", said Mason and smirked. I laughed nervously. "Well I hope so."