First Not First Date

V.
After that, things were good.

Things were great. Louis and Liam slowly drifted into their old habits. I mean, in all honesty, they never really stopped acting like they dated. After the breakups they still acted like a couple but they weren’t official. As if putting a label on it would make everything crash to the ground.

Liam and Louis acted like they were official but neither of them made a move to make it so.

“I think that they’re dating now.” Niall said.

“Ni, you know they’re not dating.” Harry told him.

“Yeah, but it’s like it was back in the beginning of college. It’s like they’re dating.”

“I feel as if you care more about their relationship than they do. Actually, I fell that you care more about their relationship than ours.”

Niall pushed Harry’s shoulder, “Oh come off it.”

Harry pulled him in by the hand, “Don’t worry about it, Ni. They’ll work it out and they’ll get together again and they’ll stay together and realize what idiots they’ve been breaking up and then they’ll get married. Maybe we can get married all at the same time, ya know. Like you and I could get married and invite them to our wedding but, like, not as guests as our fellow married couples, or I suppose marry-ing couples. And then, in a few years they’ll have kids and they’ll make us the godfathers, and Zayn as well, you can never have too many godfathers and their kids will grow up and maybe their kids will fall in love with ours and then we’ll officially be brothers? I think, I haven’t worked it out yet. But, wait. If Louis’ and Liam’s kids get married to ours, then we’ll all be related, by law, but Zayn will be left out. Maybe we can all be platonic sister wives. But, then our kids can’t get married they would be marrying their platonic sister wife siblings and I can’t allow my kids to wed under those circumstances.”

“Haz.” Niall held Harry’s face in his hands.

“Yeah?”

“You wanna get married and have kids with me?” Niall had the slightest dust of a blush over his face and a one thousand watt smile on his face.

Harry dipped down to kiss Niall, leaning forward using his height as an advantage and curling over Niall, “Course I wanna get married and have kids. I wanna do everything with you.”

VI. 
Eventually, after enough hints (movie nights solely based on love stories and Louis “accidentally” writing “ask me out” instead of “Liam” on his coffee cup one morning) and “secret” conversations (more like Liam dragging Zayn into a closet to get him to tell him what Louis’ been saying when he’s not around) Liam finally came around to asking Louis to be his boyfriend for the fourth time. Louis said yes, of course, and everything was great for a while.

Everyone faded back into the old routine when they had dated and it was just like old times.

Harry insisted that Zayn call up Perrie and invite her out so they could all go on a “Triple Date Night.” It usually ended with Zayn apologizing for his weird friends (he loved them to death, he’s known them his whole life but he really liked this girl), Harry trying to be the best host that anyone’s ever had and Niall telling him not to take this too seriously or he’s going to hurt himself and Louis and Liam reminiscing in the feeling of being a couple. Triple Date Night was hard to organize though, much to Harry’s disappointment, so they could only do that about every other week.

Niall and Louis started their little gossip club again, where they mostly talked about their boyfriends and shared stories about them. It used to be a thing, back when they didn’t live together that Louis and Niall would get together while they were in high school and just talk about their boyfriends. Liam and Harry pretty much did the same thing so it was okay. Zayn usually just slept.