You Have The Hots For Him

I.
“Honey! I’m home!” Harry yells entering the coffee shop.

“Tone it down, Harry, not all of the customers appreciate your enthusiasm,” Louis grits out from where he’s working behind the counter.

“Oh? The customers don’t appreciate my enthusiasm?” Harry replies, accent curling over ‘enthusiasm’, “Last time I checked, I’m your only customer right now.” Harry stands in front of the counter and looks to his side, “Well, Zayn’s here too.”

“I don’t appreciate your enthusiasm.” Zayn says monotonously.

“Yeah, well, I don’t appreciate your face, so.” Harry makes a show out of dramatically turning away from Zayn and almost falls over but catches himself last second. “Where is Niall?” Harry asks in a sweet voice.

“He’s in the back.” Louis answers.

Harry hops over the counter and passes Louis with a poke in the side. “You’re not supposed to go back there.” Louis complains.

“Never stopped me before,” Harry says, voice fading as he walks farther away.

“Ugh. They’re back there alone. Weird stuff happens when they’re alone.” Louis whines. “And I’ll just have to pick up whatever they mess up back there.”

“Yeah, but you won’t.” Zayn says, taking a sip from his cup.

“Yeah, I know.” Louis blows his hair out of his face and slumps over the counter.

A silence falls over the two when the bell that hangs over the entrance to the shop tinkles.

“Leeyum!” Louis shouts at his friend.

“Hi boys. How are you two doing?” Liam says and stands in front of the counter much like Harry had previously.

“Eh. Mornings aren’t too great for Zayn and Niall and Harry are doing god knows what in the back but tonight is gonna be great, so it doesn’t even matter.”

Today was a Friday and ever since they all knew each other, Friday night was always movie night. When they were younger they would crowd into Zayn’s basement and watch Star Wars and Disney movies until they all fell asleep and Zayn’s mom came down and turned off the TV and pulled blankets over them. Now of course, they branched out a little with age, but they still went back to Disney and Star Wars every once in a while.

Liam smiled, “Lou, can I get my usual? Please?”

Louis turned to begin making Liam’s coffee, “Since you asked so nicely, I guess.”

“Thank you Louis. You’re so nice.”

Zayn snorted into his coffee.

“What?” Both Louis and Liam asked.

Zayn shook his head lightly, “’S nothing. You two just act like a married couple sometimes.”

Liam blushed and Louis remained facing away, continuing his job.

Niall and Harry chose that time to exit from the back. “Liam! You didn’t tell me you were here.” Niall said walking over to the short haired boy to attack him in a hug.

“Niall I come here every day at the same time, this shouldn’t be a surprise.” Liam said but hugged the blond back regardless.

Harry stood near the doorway they had just exited, looking out at the scene. He walked over to Louis.

“You’re not supposed to be behind the counter.” Louis mentioned again.

“Look how cute they are.” Harry ignored Louis and gazed over to where his boyfriend was making Zayn dance around the open area of the shop as he took the chairs off from on top of the tables. He would grab Zayn’s hands and clumsily ballroom dance from table to table and then lower the chairs to the floor and then continue the dance to the next table.