Air Ball: The Epilogue

JILL

"You look like someone I know... the girl from my dreams." I fought the urge to roll my eyes at how lame that pick-up line was. What a typical scene. A guy hitting on a girl at the bar.

"And that's where I prefer to stay - in your dreams." I replied with false enthusiasm.

"I could get lost in your eyes." He said as he tried the smoldering eyes thing on me.

"I prefer if you'd just get lost."

"Your lips must be a magnet 'cause my lips are attracted to it." He continued with unwavering confidence.

"Really? My fist must be too because it really is attracted to your lips." I retorted.

"I can tell you want me." He stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oo, I want you." I paused. "To leave."

"Don't be shy, you can ask me out." This confidence of his is really strong.

"Okay. Get out."

"I don't need to waste my time on you. I've got a girl waiting for me at my unit." He huffed with arrogance.

"Oh you mean your mother?" I snorted, clearly pleased with myself.

"Grabe talaga 'to. I give up!" He shook his head in frustration.

"O, akala ko ba you won't give up on me? Wala ka pala e." I teased.

"I wasn't done. I was about to say I give up talking to you." In one swift move his lips were already on mine. I'm sure he could feel me smiling.

"I would love for you to have a comeback for that." He whispered, his faces just inches from mine.

"I love you, Jeric." I said breathlessly.

"I love you too, Jill." He answered before leaning in again.

We were at one of the popular clubs in the metro, celebrating the victory of yet another championship for the team. After their Grand Slam years ago, it had been a while since they hoisted another championship trophy.

"PDA! PDA!" Aljon remarked when he came over. He had to shout over the loud music just to be heard."Porket birthday mo bukas."

"Everyday feels like my birthday. Lalo na at ganito ka-special yung gift sakin." Jeric glanced at me and gave me a boyish grin.

"Ang corny nun, paps!" Both Aljon and I laughed but that doesn't mean I didn't get butterflies in my stomach. "Pero ayos lang yan, kinilig naman yan si Chubs."

"Unfortunately." I chuckled as Jeric held me closer by the waist.

"I'm really happy that you two got back together." Aljon smiled warmly at us. "Una palang ikaw na talaga pambato namin Chubs."

"Ito din pambato ko e." Jeric said in jest and kissed the side of my head.

"Ako din, ako pambato ko." I joked, earning a laugh from them.

Aljon excused himself to find his wife Kayesha while Jeric and I walked around to mingle with the others.

"Tulog na kaya si Nikko?" I asked Jeric. "Ngayon ko lang na-check phone ko. He wants to video call daw." Nikko is such an adorable little boy. When I'm not in the Teng residence or Jeric's unit, my phone suddenly rings in the afternoon, mostly after lunch before siesta, and I already know it's Nikko.