II: When It Rains, It Pours

JILL

It's January! Not only does it mean the end of the Christmas break but this month's issue of The Varsitarian will include the feature article of the ex-Tigers in the PBA. I've received good feedbacks from Andrew and my colleagues regarding my article. I can say that from all the pieces I've written for The Varsitarian, this is my best one yet. I guess it stems from the fact that I've been a basketball fan ever since and writing this article didn't seem like work at all. To be honest, I was quite sad when I finished my piece. But what I'm really excited about is now I have an excuse to tweet the ex-Tigers, most especially Jeric Teng. My fangirl mode is currently taking over. 

@jillsaavedra

Hello, @jericteng @jericfortuna @JervyCruz_20 @dylanababou @CyrusBaguio_3! The Varsitarian issue featuring you guys is out now. Here's the link to the article (Varsi article link). Thank you again for the interview! :) Good luck!

Personally, I would have wanted a separate tweet for Jeric Teng but I have to be professional even if my fangirl self is crying from the potential window of opportunity. Oh well, at least I still have a picture with him. Pampalubag-loob. Lol. I don't know if he remembered asking me to save him a copy of the January issue but just in case, I did. Fangirl feels. I sent one last tweet before packing my stuff.

@jillsaavedra

Off to a secret place to fulfill my secret dream. Lol. Wish me luck! #fingerscrossed

I took a cab since I was going back to UST after my agenda. While on my way, I checked the reason for my phone's constant buzzing.

@markthewhat

didn't know you had that naughtiness in you, @jillsaavedra! ;) secret place and a secret dream? ohhhh. i'm guessing a nurse? or a librarian? #happyforyou

@trishaaa

I'm trying very hard not to laugh at your tweet @markthewhat! I think @jillsaavedra will look better as a bunny, or a cat, or a tiger. Rawr! #supportivefriends

@markthewhat

well, whatever it's gonna be, i'm still a proud friend. look at our @jillsaavedra, all grown up. time flies so fast, right @trishaaa? #parentsnaangpeg

@trishaaa

I agree @markthewhat. We've always known @jillsaavedra had it in her. We were just waiting for the right moment. And here it is! Now off to fulfill your secret dream ;) #goforthetiger

OMG did my tweet really give off a meaning like that?! Or is my gay best friend just so imaginative? And my girl best friend supportive? And both of them currently relishing the moment of teasing me.

@jillsaavedra

@markthewhat @trishaaa WTH I did not mean it like that! You're corrupting my mind and my image :( And both of you know well where I am going. #whatfriends

@markthewhat

@jillsaavedra HAHAHA i was just messing with you. but I'm serious about the proud part. i know you can do it! :)

@trishaaa

@jillsaavedra Yeah, we're just playing with you. We know how nervous you're going to be right now so just chill. You can nail it! Good luck *virtual hug*

Well that certainly took my nervousness away. My best friends can be really crazy at times but it's what makes me appreciate them more. Just so you won't have any other ideas on what my agenda is, I'm on my way to a screening and I'm wearing a plain white shirt, skinny jeans, and yellow flats. Totally wholesome.