XX: JS + JT

JILL

So there's this guy.

Lol at starting this blog post like a cliche teenage movie. Or maybe we are? Nah. Like he said, we're better than any romance couples. We're like Noah and Allie, only more awesome.

Going back to the said guy, what can I say that won't make it sound like I'm being too cheesy and/or sappy?

I can always say he leaves me speechless and breathless, or that he makes my heart skip a beat whenever he's near, or that I see fireworks whenever our lips meet, or that with him it's like everything's perfect, or that my love for him is as deep as the Marianas Trench.

All of the above are true but it's so cliche and cheesy. Totally not me. Now let me try to put this in words that I am comfortable with:

You know that feeling when you're just dead tired from walking around in heels all day and you suddenly spot a comfy couch, a cheesecake, and a cup of coffee waiting for you? That's how it feels. He's my mirage in the desert. Just the mere presence of him makes everything seem a whole lot better and lighter. I didn't think it was possible but it was. The said guy doesn't know what possible and impossible is. He just makes them all possible.

Here's another feeling: You know when there's that day where everything seems to be going your way? Where the weather is nice enough to enjoy a walk around the park. Where you unexpectedly win a gift certificate from your favorite restaurant, or get a free upgrade on your coffee, or a free ticket to a concert you've been wanting to watch. Lucky, lucky days. I get that feeling every time I'm with him.

How about that feeling when you're afraid of being alone in the dark but the moment he holds your hand, the darkness doesn't seem so frightening at all? He's not a ray of sunshine because that disappers when it's cloudy or raining or nighttime. He's more of like Charmander, the little Pokemon with a fire that never dies on the tip of its tail (at least that's from the episodes I watched. I suck at these comparison things.) What I'm trying to say is, even though the darkness is scaring the hell out of you, knowing that he's there with you makes you a hundred times braver.

And just because I'm feeling extra chatty today (and I have a lot of feels), here's another one: It's a rainy day. You're curled up at home, wearing your favorite sweater while sipping hot choco. It makes you feel warm and fuzzy, right? Now you know how it feels whenever he wraps his arms around me. And that sweet taste of chocolate on your lips? That's the lingering feeling after his lips leave mine.

He's like the summation of all the romance novels I read, romance movies I watched, and so much more. He's not my Prince Charming nor is he my knight in shining armor because we don't live in a fairy tale. We live in the real world where every feeling is more intense and every moment more magical. We live in the real world where our story is written by our hands and the decisions we make.

He's my MVP not because he's great at basketball (which he is by the way) but because he's greater at other things. He's great at dribbling, but he's greater at finding time for me despite his busy schedule. He's great at passing, but he's greater at sharing and creating special moments with me. He's great at shooting, but he's greater at knowing the right words to say and the right things to do. He's great at being a leader, but he's greater at being my friend, best friend, and boyfriend.

I must have done something so great that the heavens decided to reward me with someone like him. I'm happy, I'm blessed, I'm lucky, and most importantly, I'm in love. JS + JT <3

Let me end this blog post with a line from Alanis Morissette:

You've already won me over in spite of me