The Lyons and A Wedding

Lucious fixed his tie while looking into the mirror that was the cover for his door to his walk in closet. Cookie was in the bathroom fixing her hair and applying perfume. Tonight was a big night for the booth of them especially since Lucious was about to pop the question.

Lucious: God is on your side Lu and she will say yes. He repeated over and over to his reflection. Cookie exited the bathroom and put her stud earrings in from her jewelry box. Lucious turned around to examine her outfit. He walked over and held her.

Lucious: You looking amazing babe. She smiled slightly.

Lucious: That's all I get ? What's wrong you been quiet since I git back this afternoon. Cookie turned to face him.

Cookie: Why are we doing all this? It's just a BBQ.

Lucious: What's wrong with throwing a family affair. I would like to show off my wife.

Cookie: Is the media here? Are you doing this to piss of Angelo?

Lucious: You know it's funny to me how I am the bad guy for wanting to do something in my house. Your my Wife.

Cookie: That's not what I asked you.

Lucious: I'm not the one who tried to put my manicured hands on you.

Cookie: Your out of Line!

Lucious: Really because I think your the one who is out of line! You sleep next to me every night and here you are speaking about that son of B****! Oh and by the way I almost killed him last week!

Cookie: You-

Lucious: You know I don't play about you! Here I am trying to do something nice and to make the effort and you bring up that fool! I think I'm going to go downstairs and greet the guests. He stormed off and slammed the door. Cookie held on to the dresser and sighed.

Her phone went off and she viewed the notification which indicated to her that her period was 2 weeks overdue. She returned to the bathroom and closed the door and collected a pregnancy test from the mahogany storage next to her sink. She had been avoiding this but the signs were there and the last time she and Lucious hadn't exactly been careful about getting busy. The results could change everything and having a fight wasn't exactly a good start.

Lucious grabbed a drink off the tray from the waiter and took it in. It was nice to knock some of the edge off.

Lucious: Can you please ensure everyone gets one of these. Its really good.

Waiter: Yes Mr. Lyon.

Lucious: Thank You. 

(Thristy came in.)

Thirsty: Looking sharp boss.

Lucious: Well you know that's just how I do what I do.

Thristy: Where your Queen at?

Lucious: She should be around soon. Thristy could sense that something was going on between them but he wouldn't question him about it now.

Thirsty: I'm gonna go and take a seat cause when the folks push through it's gonna be crowd.

Lucious: Yea you know how it gets at a Lyon event. They shook hands and thirsty went out to the court yard where the music was bumping and the trays of food were being set up.

Juanita: Mr. Lyon I called the boys and they should be arriving any minute. Do you have everything you need?

Lucious: Yes I do. Why don't you go off and enjoy yourself tonight?

Juanita: No I'd rather be in here working.

Lucious: Come on it's a party.

Juanita: No tonight is a special night for you. I am proud of the changes your making.