The Root of our Troubles

There is something that captures your soul when the light touches the city. Everything that was left behind in the dark is now visible, bright, and beautiful. This is how Lucious felt when he saw Cookie. The past few months of her release have been a rollercoaster of betrayal, war, and regret. The only woman that was able to tolerate him and understand his flaws now had eyes, time, and energy for another man. The King of Empire thought, "What does he have that I don't?" Cookie was never about the money or fame and she had proved that to him time and time again back in their Philly days. Sometimes Lucious would become disgusted with himself about how her life turned out for loving him. She was an honor's student, Star player for the National Volleyball Team, and let's not forget that every boy in town wanted a chance to shoot their shot. The only thing that pissed Lucious off was that she gave her attention to an idiot that didn't know how to show her a good time. Barry (the daddy suck up) was always doing things to please Cookie's father instead of his girlfriend. History was repeating itself again because here Cookie was with a grown man that was still running behind his mother's standards, rules, and expectations. Whenever Lucious had any form of communication with the love of his life, her insults weren't the same and the grammatically correct speeches were starting to get on his last nerves. Then again, he has messed up her life enough between the seventeen years, side chicks' drama, raising the kids, and running Empire finding room to build on their relationship wasn't easy. Jamal even expressed to him that they should go to therapy, come to an agreement to see each other only on terms of business, or for his mother to branch off and start a company of her own. Lucious almost died at the thought of any of his suggestions; He formulated a contract for her that was impossible to get out of and quite frankly he wasn't letting her leave his sight ever again. He recalled their argument yesterday afternoon and how awful he was towards her just because he was jealous.
"Have you looked at the Proposals I sent you for 20/20?"
"Cookie I told you we aren't doing that until I get my albums have Jamal and Hakeem."
Cookie growled in protest to his answer. Why couldn't he see that 20/20 would push more platforms for people to listen to music. 20/20 was genius because artist would no longer have to pressure themselves to make an album but stay on task with raising their viewing numbers.
"Are you saying no because you want to be the only one that comes up with ideas or is because we aren't having sexual relations anymore?"
" Really! Sexual relations!!! What is this Junior High? Are you gonna teach me how to wear a condom next?"
"Don't be so dramatic!"
"Well talk like you know where you came from! Say screw or hell say the F**** not what that stuck up prissy man tells you say, do, or even think!"
"Your just jealous because he's good for me! Your jealous because someone actually loves me and wants to be with me!"
"Enough Cookie!"
"Admit it that you can't stand that I'm finally done with you and you can't seem to move on!"
"Actually I'm happy we are done, because I don't need no miss goody in bed with me at night. Anika is better anyways!"
For a minute Cookie stood frozen at his statement, and had the will power to smack the hell out of him. Then she remembered what her man told her every day before dropping her off at work.
"He's the devil but you will always be better than that. You are my star and you shine bright every day I get to love you." Cookie slightly smiled at the memory and hit him back with something he would think about when he was lying next to his concubine.
"It's funny you say that, because I've never really had a real orgasm until I met Angelo. Enjoy getting crabs." She turned on her heels to leave the room.

"IF YOU LEAVE THIS ROOM WITHOUT APOLOGIZING YOUR- "
"YOU WHAT!!!!!!!! YOU GONNA FIRE ME????? YOU'VE MADE THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO DO STUPID HEAD NEXT TIME DRAFT THE CONTRACT BETTER!!!!!"
She slammed the officer door so hard that his art piece fell to the floor and had glass splattered everywhere. He had called her over a hundred times after he calmed down from his ego tantrum. Everyone at the office could see how Cookie's choice to date the Elite Angelo Dubois changed the work ethic of the King. Lucious wasn't even sleeping at home anymore in fact he drove himself to sleep deprivation creating some of his best work like the single Inferno that he was about to close with B.E.T nominated rapper Remy Ma. Nevertheless, the only thing that could strip this man of his pride and selfishness would be Jesus himself. Somehow despite his evilness at the root, the creator sent him somebody that he would go to the extra mile to be better for. Her name was Loretha Penny Holloway and at the moment she was not in love with him or at least that's what he thought.

Cookie hopped in her BMW a gift from Lucious after she landed him a contract to write music for J.Cole. This was a little bit before Angelo came into the picture and she thought reconciliation between her and her baby father was possible. Luscious was right she was changing. Angelo had a way of making her feel like her hood like tendencies weren't to be seen in public or better yet put away for good. The one thing she loved the most about Lucious was that she could be herself no matter what. He made her feel safe even with all the warfare happening around them. But after yesterday, she could see that he had no respect for her as his second in command CEO, Mother of his kids, and muse. Yes, she damn well knew better than to think that because she was entertaining rich boy that her connection to the King would end. Cookie yearned for more than power, passion, and sex. She got respect from Angelo and that would be something Lucious would have to learn if he wanted her back. Cookie had convinced herself that missing him to the point where she cried herself to sleep at night wasn't a good enough reason to break it off with Angelo. She would pray and ask for something to happen to show her that Angelo wasn't the man she needed. Yet, Angelo has proven to be loyal, caring, and sensitive sometimes she wishes he was a bit rougher around the edges but not everyone grew up in Philly. When she would have a little time for herself at work, she would close her eyes and think about all the times she spent with Lucious. She wasn't sleeping with Angelo for few reasons:
1.) They have only been dating for four months and jumping into bed would complicate her feelings for Lucious.
2.) Angelo didn't spark her up to get in the mood like Lucious which probably means jumping in bed wouldn't be worth it.
3.) His Mama is always interrupting the chances that they could be jumping in bed. Like who calls their son seven times a day.

She turned into her parking space that she asked to be changed a million times to Ms. Lyon instead of Mrs. Today it made her feel in control even if she would be shut down by her ex-lover.

"Damn right I'm Mrs. Lyon." She grinned clicking the alarm on her car and heading to the elevator.

Patreon Account :
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=40236532