A Flicker inside

I wanted to recreate my content because I realized my music needs soul and passion. I was in a dark place a few months ago. Now I just want to focus on the love."
"I agree with you mal."
" Thanks Mom." They smiled at each other
"So dad what do you think? Will you give me an extension?"
Lucious was looking at Cookie lost in his thoughts reminiscing about a night he had come home late from the club performance he had booked with Bunky and the rest of his crew. He took off his coat and hanged it up climbing into bed snuggling up to his wife.
"Mmm how... did it go?" she said slowly coming out of her slumber.
"I got that cash cash babe." They both grinned
"I'll take you and the kids out tomorrow." She turned in his hold and laid her head on his chest while rubbing his back and she caught a scent of perfume. Lucious was a very active performer and always gave 1000% at his shows but he knew better than to come home smelling like another woman.
"This is what I hate about you! Tired of this S***!" she shoved him which almost landed him on the floor. He clicked on the bed lamp. 
"Yo you gonna wake the kids man. Whats your problem now woman." Although his voice wasn't raised, he was mad that she had some stupid thought running in that brilliant and psychopathic brain of hers.
"You want to bump and grind with these skanks out here and then come home and lay with me smelling like them. Lucious I'm not even playing get out of this bed right now."
"Nobody was bumping and grinding nobody. I have fans Cookie. They ask for pictures. What am I supposed to do not talk to them because your insecure?"
"Oh so you turning this on me now. Typical you always do that when I observe the sneaky plays that you and your little click love to do."
"When you living it up with your girls do I say anything?"
"Please you have the most to say when I wanna go out with my friends. You want to keep me at home all the time and take me out when you feel like it."
"That's what a wife supposed to do. I don't know why you're so mad about playing your role."
"Get out of this bed now."
"I'm not your son Cookie. I'm your man girl don't talk to me like that!"
"What you gonna do about it." She folded her arms and raised her eyebrows.
He sat up and took off his chains and the rest of his jewelry leaving only his wedding ring on. After fluffing his pillow, a couple times, he laid down and closed his eyes preparing himself for some sleep.
" Okay lay your yellow a** there." She was about to get out of the bed when he grabbed her hand.
"Let go of me."
"Calm down."
"Let go I'm not playing with you."
"Okay alright I'll get out the bed." She thought he was being serious until he started tickling her.
"Stoppppp......."
"No you always want to start something so I'll finish it."
"I'm gonna...." Her uncontrollable laughter was one of his favorite sounds in the world. It's playful moments like these that make him grateful that he picked her to have forever with.
"You ready to be loving now."
"Shut up old head." He smirked and kissed her moving down to her neck.
" Lu..."
" Hmmm."
"Lock the door." He didn't need to be told twice and a couple months later they found out Hakeem was on the way. Arguments like that always ended for them in a baby carriage but the more the merrier.
"Dad."
"Huh?"
"Are you going to give me the extension?"
The board members were waiting on his answer including Cookie who was ready to throw out insults if he went back on his word.
"Of course son, I'll give you a month to get everything together under the guidance of my wif- I mean your mother."
Andre eyes almost popped out of the sacs at his dad's almost accident reference towards his mother. Cookie on the other hand tried very hard to hide the pink that was beginning to rise in her cheeks.
" Alright well lets... um get started meeting adjourned." The King was the first to exit the room and then his entrusted partners.
"Mom what did you do to him?" Jamal was hungry for information because anything concerning his parents was bound to end up in the media and he hated to be the last to know.
"Nothing why you always trying to insinuate something?"
"Mom what did we talk about earlier." Dre had worry written all over his face.
"Bubble head go and write you album."
"But mama-."
"Boy I will whip you here and now if you don't make your way the studio!"
Jamal grabbed his mac book and made his way there while Dre had his head in his hands.
"Dre."
"Mom you're not-."
" Hey! Look at me."  He did and said waiting to hear what would be her phrase for false reassurance that the patter of drunken love wasn't about to take place again.
"I love you. There is nothing more important to me than you and your brothers. Okay?"
He nodded and she hugged him. Andre was smart, strong, and power driven like his father but is bipolar disorder made him vulnerable and sensitive at times.
"I'm sorry mommy."
"It's okay come on let's go and count some numbers." He smiled and they went to draft up more statistics for 20/20. Whether Lucious liked it or not, 20/20 was going to happen, Cookie Lyon was unstoppable. She has proven to be the backbone and blood that runs through the veins of Empire. All she had to do was figure out what hold did Anika have over her ex-husband. It surely didn't have anything to do with love because Lucious was incapable of loving anybody but her.
She opened her call logs and dialed up Porsha.
"Boss?"
"I need you spy on Boo Boo Kitty for me."
"No problem."

Patreon Account:
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=40236532