Chapter 9 - Adrenaline Rush

Chapter 9

Lilah’s heart surged. The sensation of Quinn’s lips was like nothing she’d ever experienced. They were firm yet full, soft, but they tugged at hers, pulling them apart, his tongue was hard, sliding into her mouth the exact second she surrendered. She loved the feel of the stubble grazing her soft cheeks, her chin.  And she loved the way he overpowered her, dominated her. As she lay on the bed, he was above her, a presence but not a threat. His hand came up to cup her cheek, his fingers splayed along her jaw, another tender yet extremely erotic gesture, the abrasion of his skin only heightening her awareness.

Finding some confidence, Lilah reached up and slid her arms around his neck, curling her fingers through his hair, absorbing the coarse texture, the unexpected softness of the skin at his nape. Her breasts were pressed against him, squashed against the towelling of her robe, her nipples hard almost painful against the thick material.

Wriggling against him, she tried to appease some of the tense ache that engulfed her, tried to change the pressure on her sensitised body. He moaned against her lips, and as he moved slightly, she was suddenly SO aware of him, hard, huge against her thigh.

Lilah pulled back from the kiss, gulping for a moment, and Quinn unperturbed slid his lips to her neck. And that was even more of a threat to her balance than the kisses to her lips. His teeth grazed her collar bone, at the same time his hips pressured her thighs until he nudged to settle between them, his erection finding her inner thigh.

                “I’ve wanted to do this since you got on that bus two days ago!” he breathed into her neck. As he felt her stiffen in response, he added, “You’re the most intriguing woman I’ve ever met. Beautiful, funny, and full of...intrigue...”

Flattery worked, as she clawed at his shoulders, dragged his lips harder against her, she knew that she’d fallen for a line, but frankly she didn’t care. She needed this, she wanted this. And boy was he good. His tongue licked at her skin and she swore she could hear the sizzle; every inch of her was burning. His spare hand dropping to the sash at her waist brought reality crashing through the mist of desire.

Quinn sensed her apprehension and pulled back on to his elbow looking down at her flushed face, her sparkling eyes, never had he wanted a woman this much. And if he paused to actually think he couldn’t remember the last time he’d been with a woman. Maybe that was why he was so desperate.

                “I can just about stop Delilah....” his voice was hoarse and the unsteadiness surprised him. “Just. But I think you want this too...”

She bit her lip nervously and it was the undoing on him, as she flicked her tongue over those teeth he groaned.

                “You have to make the next move Blondie.”

It took all his self control to back off, and as he made to move to her side, to lie on the bed, her hand reached for his chest, her fingers splaying across his hair roughened chest.

And at that very second there was a furious rap at their door. Quinn groaned and rolled onto his back, “bloody typical!” 

She averted her eyes, his libido was deflating rapidly, but his body was struggling a long way behind.  And at the back of her mind was the fact that it had been a hostile knock. Were they safe? Retying her robe she stood up, her back turned to Quinn and moved away from the bed. There was a sofa in the corner of the room and she ran there, hiding from Quinn as much as whoever was at the door.

He peered through the spy-hole, and she could see his edginess.

                “Get out of the view of the door, ok?” He grabbed the gun and held it behind him as he opened the door...slowly. Peeping around it she could hear him sigh and thank the person the other side, then closing the door, he deposited two large shopping bags on the floor. “Why the hell don’t they show you that they’ve got bags instead of standing right up to the door? I had no idea who that was going to be!” Glancing in the top of one bag he smiled, then handed it to her, taking the other himself.