20) Daddy calls

Hello! Thought I would try and make you’re day by updating Heartless.. idk if it makes you happy when I update. I hope it is. That’s a good sign… right?

X Gwen

.

.

Niall’s POV

.

.

.

Kayla takes a couple of steps forward and then stoops. The silence is deathly quiet, it’s as if we’re all waiting for something, a noise, a gesture, something to pull us out of our sudden state of shock., and then Kayla comes crashing forward, and she wraps her hands around Louis’s waist and places her head on his shoulder. I’m in shock, I expected her to scream at him, yell at him, punch him or something. But she just stands there with her hands around his waist. I don’t think it’s really the reaction any of us, including  Louis, expected. Kayla’s not like this, she’s tough, she doesn’t need protection. Louis slowly wraps his arms around her waist, burying his face in her hair.

“I’m sorry.” He says softly.

“It’s ok.” Says Kayla calmly.

“I just…. I really seriously miss her.” He says.

“I know. It’s ok, Lou... it really is.” She says to him, slowly moving out of their embrace.

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe she does need protection,  Maybe it’s all just a face, this touch act she puts on.  She’s probably more vulnerable than we think.

And just as I’m in the middle of this deep meaningful thought, my phone rings… as it always does.

“I’ll get that.” I say out of habit. Slipping my hand into my pocket and retrieving my phone. “Hello?” I ask.

“Hey Nialler, it’s Paul.”

“Oh, hey Paul!”  I say with a grin. “How are you?”

“I’m good. How about you?”

“I’m great, yeah.” I said. 

“Um, Is my daughter there?” He asks. “Can you put her on?”

“Kayla’s right here..” I said, handing the phone to her.

She frowns, creasing her forehead. She looks really adorable when she does that.  “Hello?”

And then she lights up, a big giant, wild grin. “Daddy!” And I’m reminded of the feeling of Christmas, the sudden happiness, that’s how happy she looks to hear from her dad.