CHAPTER 11 - Who is Nurse Ann?

Rose's P.O.V

I yawned sleepily. Ben and I were lying around in his bedroom whilst he was online doing that weird hacking nonsense he always does. Deciding it wouldn't hurt to ask, I went over to where he was sat and sat on his lap casually. He looked kind of shocked.

"How do you work the coding sh*t then?" I asked, slightly curious. He simply gawped at me for a couple of minutes, mouth opening and closing like a goldfish. "Y-you um, Uhh..." He stopped speaking and instead wrapped one of his spindly, stocky arms around my waist.

With the other, he typed random junk, and suddenly, there were a heck of a lot of numbers all over the screen. "Do you see these numbers? Changing one of them can lead you into some person's computer, did you know that?" I gasped, staring dumbfounded at the screen. With just a tap of the button, Ben could hack into anyone's computer just like that. I didn't know whether to be impressed, or creeped out.

He changed a 7 to 3, and a 4 to 9. When he hit enter, the computer started beeping loud and I flailed back, petrified.

"What the - ? Is it supposed to be doing that? Holy crud." He chuckled faintly and the numbers started multiplying in amounts. I squealed with shock and almost toppled out of the chair if it weren't for Ben's beautifully toned arms. "And now is the magical part..." He murmured in my ear. I felt a little bit of a blush slowly crawl up my throat, and I think my cheeks were flaming pink.

A guy's face suddenly appeared. A genuine, human guy - about fifteen years old. I turned to Ben for an answer. "You didn't just...?"

"You bet I did." I suddenly grew terrified. He was just an innocent guy - and here my boyfriend was, eyeing up everything he did. I knew it wouldn't be right to argue against what he did as a serial killer but still. I couldn't help but gasp at the boy, who was just casually on his laptop - he hadn't even realised his webcam had suddenly decided to turn on by itself... Ben squinted at the guy, before skimming his fingers along the keyboard and typing something.

"His name is Caleb Bolt. 16 years old, and before you complain to me about him being some innocent dude - you should take a quick look at his internet history."

"Hehe, I'm fine thank you." He laughed and suddenly his grip was a LOT more tighter. I guess all boys are the same. I didn't know whether I should have questioned him about this. The guy was just browsing around like any other...horny teen... I tensed just a little bit and twisted in my seat so we were nose to nose.

"You are SUCH pervert Ben, staring at all these random kids through webcam - it's pretty creepy. No offence intended." Ben closed the tiny gap between us with a peck on the lips. My whole body was all of a sudden on fire as he spoke. "Watching over people doesn't make me a pervert. I'm just doing what I'm best at, and it's not like I stare at them all day for - sexual purposes or anything like that. It's my way of scaring people."

The question just rolled of my tongue. "Ben - have you ever done this to me? You know like, just watching me whilst I'm b*tching about?"

I swallowed hard, when suddenly I felt his warm lips against my earlobe. "Of course I have. Imagine me drooling over your face, getting my hard-on whilst your online..." I used to always be so scared, and had that strange feeling someone had their eyes on me. I just didn't realise it would be my future boyfriend.

Without my knowing, he began to gently nibble at my ear. Jolts of sensation spread through my veins, and I shut my eyes for a brief few seconds.

"Ben, please - not now." I was self-conscious about that guy on the webcam - he was playing the third wheel right now (though he couldn't see us) and I felt kind of awkward. Ben chuckled again and with a few taps of the keyboard, Caleb was in distress. As if suddenly something must have hit his laptop, he covered his mouth with surprise and started typing furiously - probably attempting to fix up the virus Ben had just transferred. I giggled, though a pang of sympathy stabbed me in the gut. I guess I felt sorry for the teen. Ben did this to so many other people, and it must have been so much worse without me. Goodness knows what he was up to...