CHAPTER 10 - The angel behind the glass.

Timothy's P.O.V (Masky)

I stood at the mouth of our cluster of birch trees, pelting travellers unnecessarily with small rocks as they drove past. Doing that was the one thing which left me on the brink of sanity at times like this.

So first, Slender and us Proxies are gonna head on over to my ex's hideout along with a few other Creepy Pasta's living with her. (Like Jane, Clockwork, Helen, The Doctor - however much Slender hates him - and goodness knows how many others. ) Also, we're leaving Sally, E.J, Jeff and Ben with...the rest of the Selected to deal with what's gonna happen next.

And finally, I'll have to leave Violet Harper.

Personally, that would be the biggest reason I was regretting this so much. I could just picture her and everyone else, isolated and alone.

As if I had just conjured up the beautiful angel, she dashed through the trees like a bolt of thunder, slightly pink in the face and hair fanning over her desperate expression. When she reached where I was, Violet took a long breath of fresh air and leaned against a tree trunk. "M-masky...Axel says...Ulrick's back." She shut her eyes, out of breath. I turned to look at her, weary and tired - today is gonna be a long day.

"Ulrick's back, huh? Stop, wait a minute. I swear you told me Axel killed him in the woods right? So what do you mean 'he's back' ? Dammit, I'm confused." I scuffed my shoes in the thick fall, lost in thought whilst Violet gives me a look. Ugh, I could tell she noticed something was up. "Yeah, she DID kill him. That was like, a couple of months back. I mean, she told me he was shot three times, and I'm pretty sure that would be enough to kill a guy."

"What if she's just lying to stall you off focusing on the Trials?" It was now or never. Violet gasped and folded her arms, evidently disappointed and angry. "Don't suspect my friends like that. Axel would never lie to me."

I rolled my eyes, because I knew everything I said was forced, but Violet didn't see that.

"What the hell is up with you lately? All you do nowadays is start arguments with me, and I want to know why! Why do you give me the cold-shoulder nowadays? Why don't you care about my problems? And it's almost like you don't even want to hang out with me any more..."She gave me a look, and I gave her a look. I never wanted it to come to this.

"Violet. Things are getting intense now. There's only a bunch of you left and that means a few of the girls are going to be a little bit desperate. You have to get over your and everyone else's problems if you want to survive or else you won't watch your back and someone might just kill you!" My hands had turned to fists, and I sub-consciously realise the fact that I am trembling with anger - anger for Slender Man, not Violet. It's not my fault Violet doesn't know about what's to come later.

When she did speak, it kind of ripped my heart into two hearing the thick disappointment in her voice. "I thought you'd understand Masky. You're meant to be my boyfriend - but if all you can do is turn everything into MY fault... maybe we should just..." She paused mid-sentence and turned to leave.

"Ugh. Violet honey, please. I'm... I'm sorry." She snapped her head back, eyes dark and doubtful.

"No, you don't need to apologise. You're right - it is my fault for caring too much and thinking you'd be there for me." I tried to speak back, reason with her, but no words formed in my mouth and I had to let her walk away through the trees.

At least she didn't have to see me cry, as Slender entered my mind.

"Well done Timothy. I'm sorry about Violet...but trust me when I state that this really is for the best. It's all part of my plan, and you have played your part in it."

He's right.

"Wait, Violet."

"Ugh, what?"

"Your, um...birthday present." I dipped a hand into my hoodie pocket and pulled out the gift I got for her, which was a bit late...okay, a lot late.

I handed it to Violet, and she grimaced. "My birthday present, huh? And when was my birthday exactly? That's right - three weeks ago." She took a deep breath with her eyes closed, like she was trying not to throttle me, but opened it up in haste anyway.

Then she gasped.

"It's um...nice." It really was, which was why it took me so long to get it complete.

A crystal snow-globe bordered with gold, and the interior a miniscule dark death shadowy angel curled into a ball with her wings spread. It was eerie, but it was beautiful - the angel symbolised both how I felt for her, and also that dream she had the other day.

She looked at me, and then looked back at the gift. "I don't know what to say..."

I rolled my eyes. "Then don't say anything." With one last strike on my heart, I turned and whistled off.

~~~

A/N: So are the pair going to have to break up? Probably...but why is Masky being so secretive? What does he have to hide from Violet - about this Ann person?

And most important of all: What is Slender Man's big plan then?

For now though, keep calm and have marshmallows until I update! byeee x