CHAPTER 15 -

E.J's POV

***

"Why? I don't get it." Masky played around with his plate of cheesecake, looking glum. "These Trials, they make no sense."

We were all gathered in the Surgery with Slender Man, talking about what happened with Emily. I guess it's unfair Xandra's birthday got completely wrecked because of Emily running away. But I don't understand, she was doing so well...

Slender leaned back in his chair, lost in deep thought. "Hmm Of course, I wouldn't have expected Ms Juffs to pull this kind of trick on us," He cracked his white knuckles, sighing. "She must have been acting all this time around us." Jeff leaned his head on the desk.

"Pfft, I doubt a stupid girl like Emily could hold the intelligence to make such a detailed escape plan. I mean, Slender for sure would have been able to read her thoughts." I nodded in agreement because it was true - Emily isn't very bright.

I stood up with impatience as I didn't think I could take this any longer. I've never really wanted to ask why the Trials were invented in the first place. I mean, it's not like we ever get caught by anyone so we don't exactly need more and more Proxies. So many girls die for no reason. literally, no reason.

All of a sudden, Violet and Rose busted through the door with terror reflected on both faces. Vi rubbed the back of her neck. "Yeah, I know this will sound crazy but I think...we've found..." She started to shake a little, and then I noticed the huge gaping open shape along the side of her neck, and slowly blood began to be on show dripping along her collarbone and soaking her top. Oh shit, there must have been a fight or something.

Slender examines Violet carefully. "Someone bit your neck. Who was it Ms Jones?"

Rose puts an arm around Violet to secure her. "Heidi. She was just staring at us with a knife in her hand, but she wasn't attacking us. Then Violet went up to question her, and she BIT Vi's neck! Holy crap I think she must have busted an artery..." Slender stood up finally, and clicked a finger at Masky and Hoodie. "You two stay here with Violet and sort out her bite. Toby, go and fetch it from the Filing room, it's in a small plastic wallet within Ms Harper's data file."

Toby looked slightly taken aback, heck so was I. "W-what? It's far too early for that, she will not be ready." I raised an eyebrow, things were getting exciting.

Slender Man doesn't bother to reply, so Toby leaves anyway. To the rest of us, he said "Follow me, we might need to go and fetch Heidi." Rose stood up, shaking her head with disbelief.

"Wait, why do all of you need Heidi?"

Ben turned and stood on his toes to place his hand on Rose' s cheek. "Rose, you don't get it yet. Heidi's my sister. And do you know what that means? It means she is a creepy pasta. She's crazy."

Rose gasped, "Then what was she doing with us? huh?" Ben face palmed himself and patted his clueless girlfriend's shoulder. "Look, we need to get going. I'll explain this shit later." He grabbed Rose's hand and we all ran downstairs to find Heidi.

***

Brian's P.O.V

"Hoodie, what's happening to me?" Violet was still shaking, though I've cleared the blood ages ago. Timothy came forward to clan out the bite, but Violet spat with acidity "Don't you dare touch me." I had to do the cleaning myself.

"T-t-timothy." I said as calmly as I could muster, "Sit d-d-down for the m-minute." I placed the towel on her head and gently massaged around Violet's neck to get the blood running around it again. She winced with pain but tried to smile anyway whilst I tried to wipe the smile off of my own face. I was surprised to see Timothy looking slightly green with envy, he grabbed his mask and put it on, covering his jealous expression. Timothy evidently still had feelings for Violet.