[ 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐞 ] (𝟏)

a/n:

 even though my stories are basically reader inserts, and i use y/n, a lot of the reader characters have descriptions

if that bothers u, pls don't read (:

the first few chapters might be a lil boring to some im sorryy ):

just another normal day at work.

completely normal.

except with a man you almost couldn't stand.

you rolled over in your bed with a guttural groan, slamming your hand on your phone as you guided your fingers to the bright off button of your alarm. your hazel eyes squinted open as you sat up to swing your legs over the edge of your mattress. 

you reached your arms up and above your head in a stretch, your light weight sheets still partly wrapped around your bare waist. you threw your messy hair over your shoulders, shivering against the feeling of your locks tickling your naked back. you then ripped the rest of your covers off yourself and stood up. 

feet pattering quietly against your carpeted floor as you walked to your bathroom, you flipped on the light switch. you took a step forward and into your bathroom, wincing as your feet hit the chilled tile beneath you. you sighed softly and looked at yourself in the mirror for a moment.

spencer was up early, as per usual. he would take any extra time to read in the morning after he had prepared for the day. his new book he'd been reading was for his high end bookclub. the book was called 'war and peace' by a russian author who went by the name of leo tolstoy. 

for spencer, he had a special routine every morning. that was, get up, get dressed, freshen up, eat, briefly clean, read with a hot cup of tea, freshen up once more, then leave.

 it made him feel organized and feel as if he had control of something in his life, which he didn't often feel. nowadays, his only thought was on an upcoming event.

the masquerade.

once finished feeling sorry for yourself in your bathroom mirror, you'd gotten dressed in a white feminine button up, adjusting the collar on your collarbone. to add some sort of spice to the outfit, you kept one button unbuttoned to tease at your cleavage. putting on a pair of black, mid rise slim trousers, you added a ebony blazer over your tucked in shirt, rolling the sleeves up to your elbows. you decided on a pair of small and dainty dark heels since you were just doing work around the office today and figured you should look somewhat presentable. to accessorize, you added a classy gold bracelet to your wrist. 

you put on light makeup which consisted of concealer, highlighter, lipgloss, and mascara. you didn't feel it was appropriate to beat your face for the sole purpose of going to work. to top it off, you took your j'adore eau de parfum from dior and spritzed yourself a few times. the scent was delicate, including hints of ylang-ylang, damascus rose, and jasmine. you set the bottle down and brushed your hair before exiting your bathroom at a brisk pace. grabbing your 'war and peace' book and your bag, you left your home for work.

you arrived on base, parking in a designated spot that was reserved in a specific row for your team. you scowled at the car pulling in a few spots from you. 

yup, that's right.

spencer fucking reid. 

with a huff, you exited your car. you let your feet take you to the lobby and towards the elevator. you ignored the sound of mens shoes clicking on the hard floor, trailing behind you at an even pace. you tucked your hair behind your ear as you rested your left hand on your bag hanging off your shoulder. you reached for the elevator button, suddenly interrupted by another hand reaching at the same time. you quickly retracted yourself and looked at who had reached for the button the same time you did. spencer pursed his lips in a grimace as you stared him down,