Chapter 6

The game ended pretty well. No more interruptions and we actually won! We pulled ahead and won 45-41. When we got the final point, the game buzzer went off and some fans ran onto the court. Liam ran up to me and spun me around.

"I'm so proud of you! You did a wonderful job!" he told me than kissed me.

"Thank you", I said blushing, "let me go change and then we can get going".

"Okay" he said, handing me my duffel bag. 

I went to the lockeroom to take a quick shower and changed into yoga pants and a sweater. I put my hair up in a messy bun, grabbed my coat and slipped my boots on. 

When I walked back into the gym, Liam was one of the only ones still there. As I was walking up to him, his smile got bigger. He took my duffel bag and we headed out to the car. 

"Sorry I took so long, I took a shower and I didn't want to be all sweaty".

"It's okay, you look so cute today, you know I can't resist you in a messy bun".

I smiled at the ground. 

We reached the car and he opened my door for me then went to his side. 

"So where do you want to go today baby?" he asked me. God, I love it when he calls me babe and baby. 

"Um... how about the mall!" 

Liam knew how much I love to shop. 

"Okay, how about we hang out there til about two, I know it's only a few hours, but I have a surprise for you".

"Really?! Liam you don't have to do that!".

"But I wanted to".

"Okay", I chuckled, "fine, let's go shop for a few hours, then you can take me to your surprise".

We shopped at the mall til about two. We got in the car and Liam got our a little blindfold. 

"Put this on" he told me and I did so. 

I couldn't see anything. We started moving and I was already getting carsick. 

"Babe, I'm getting carsick, when are we gonna get there?" I asked Liam. 

I felt him grab my hand. 

"Don't worry Em, we'll be there in about ten minutes" he said, as I felt him trace circles with his thumb in my hand. I did feel a little better.

We stopped moving. 

"Okay, I can remove your blindfold now" Liam said as he removed it. 

We were at a park. A very big one. 

I must've not had a very good expression on my face, because he said "You don't like it do you? I should've known better".

"NO! Liam!", I chuckled, "It's perfect! I'm just surprised and recovering from my carsickness is all".

"Okay..." he said worriedly. 

He got out of the car and went around to my side and opened my door for me. 

"Thank you Mr. Payne" I said winking. 

He was blushing and smiling. He closed the door and locked the car. We started walking through the park. 

"I just wanted to spend the day with you and I wanted to do something different" Liam said. 

"It's okay Liam, I love it!".

"Stay here" he said running up to a flower cart. All the autumn flowers were there. He came back with some wild flowers. "I asked if they had anything prettier - and this is all I could get - I'm sorry" he said handing me the flowers.

I took them and kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks Li, they're amazing".

"I'm glad you like them" he said taking my hand in his as we walked through the park.

After walking around the park for a while, we decided to lay down in the field. I set the flowers next to me. Liam was still holding my hand as we layed down. 

"I love you so much Emma, it's crazy" he said. 

"I love you so much it's insane" I said back to him. 

The sweet late autumn air blew around us. Liam rolled over on his side, facing me. He looked me deep in my eyes. His beautiful dark brown eyes are gonna be the death of me, I swear. 

He kissed my temple "I love you so much babe" he said.

"I love you too" I said and reached my hand up to his cheek and pulled his head down so I could kiss him. 

Nothing could be more of a perfect surprise.