Chapter 33

As we twisted through the forest towards Logan's territory, I felt my heart start to beat faster, and my stomach fluttered. I could barely keep my eyes open, but the thought of finally seeing Logan was keeping me awake; adrenaline surging throughout my body.

Theo picked up his pace, gently pulling Emily along with him as he pushed the last set of brambles out of the way, revealing the Dark Moon territory. I gazed across the field, but it was empty.

"Where's Logan?" I asked Theo, my palms suddenly becoming sweaty.

"He should be at Heather's house, since he ended up destroying most of his own," replied Theo as he thudded through the field, making his way onto the path and following it throughout the village until we reached a tight corner.

Emily plodded slowly behind us, stopping to take deep breaths every minute or so, but Theo egged her on, knowing that our bodies were becoming weaker by the second.

I looked up at the small bungalow in front of me, admiring its Victorian-like aesthetic, realising that this was the first time I had actually seen Heather's and Millie's home.

It wasn't how I expected it to be, I had imagined it to be large, modern and extravagant, but all of the houses here seemed to hold a homely and lived in feel to them, which I liked.

Theo knocked on the wooden door, but I knew Logan must have already been able to smell me, and was most likely freaking out behind it. Suddenly, the door swung open, and in front of me stood Logan, eyes wide.

Theo gently placed me down, allowing Logan to come and wrap his arms around me for support, gazing down at me in shock.

I admired his beautiful face, although his under eyes were extremely dark, and he looked as if he hadn't slept in days.

Logan squeezed his eyes shut as he pulled me to his chest, holding me tightly, inhaling my scent. He pulled back, caressing my dirty cheek with the pad of his thumb, before trailing it down to my swollen lips.

"What happened to you?" murmured Logan, his eyes becoming dark, anger taking over his once relieved and blissful expression.

"We should get the pack doctor before we speak about everything Logan. Eliza can barely stand up," spoke Theo, his arm still wrapped around Emily's waist.

Logan looked up, studying Theo before dropping his gaze to the small frail looking blonde beside him. Logan squinted his eyes in confusion for a few seconds, before his eyes went wide, and he started to run his hands through his dark hair in angst. "Emily?"

Emily nodded, sighing. "Hi, Logan."

"How are you alive? We all thought you were dead!"

Emily nodded, running a hand down her bruised face. "That's what Joanna wanted you to think."

Logan's expression changed at the mention of Joanna, and he turned to me, raising his eyebrows.

I nodded, biting at my bottom lip. "It's true."

Logan shook his head, hauling me up bridal style, before carrying me down the hallway and into the bedroom, gently placing me down on Heather's plush white bed.

"Call the pack doctor now!" yelled out Logan as he peered around the door back into the hallway. I heard Heather agree, clearly aware of my presence before Logan urged Theo and Emily to step into the room, closing the door.

Emily plopped herself down on a large leather armchair with the help of Theo, sighing heavily and holding her head in her hands.

"Are you okay?" asked Theo, concern masking his face as he knelt down in front of Emily, looking into her eyes.