Chapter 17

My father's face turned to a picture of despair in front of me as he fell to his knees, shaking his head. "Please, Eliza, I can't allow you to stay with him. I can't risk losing you."

I dropped my gaze, feeling ashamed that my actions had led to my father's breakdown, but I knew what he had done was wrong. I knew he was just trying to protect me, but he had to let his only child grow and learn from her own experiences.

I couldn't and wouldn't be wrapped up with cotton wool for my whole life.

I was free to make my own decisions and I couldn't stay in a house with my parents knowing that they had planned to imprint negative thoughts and feelings towards towards my mate in my head before I had even met him.

"You can stay with James. You don't have to stay here," said Theo, looking at his uncle with pleading eyes.

I shook my head, my mouth set in a firm line. "I'm not a child anymore Theo. I can't rely on James to do everything for me. This is something I need to do. I will come back, I promise."

Theo frowned at me, chewing on his lip as if he was desperately thinking of something to say that would change my mind.

"James, we cannot allow this," growled my father, standing up.

"I'm sorry David, but there is nothing I can do. Eliza has chosen to go willingly. This is out of our hands now," spoke Alpha James, placing his hand firmly on my father's shoulder in comfort.

Theo gave me one last pleading look before turning around and following my Alpha and father back into the forest.

I watched them disappear in sadness, not knowing when I would see them again. I knew it would be soon, but the fact that my parents wanted to keep me all to themselves was hard for me to swallow.

I turned to Logan, who was gazing at me through thick lashes. "I'm sorry. I didn't even mean to say it, I just sort of blurted it out. I know I didn't even ask, and I don't have clothes or a toothbrush or anything. I can find somewhere else to stay, I just really can't face going back to my pack right now and-"

Logan chuckled, taking a few steps closer to me. "It would be an honour for you to stay."

I smiled, unsure of what to say, feeling slightly overwhelmed by his the close proximity. "Thank you."

Logan took hold of my hand, causing tingles to tinkle throughout my arm. He led me back through the forest towards the village, but he stopped to scan the many houses scattered around.

"I'm just trying to think of somewhere you can stay. I would offer you to stay at my house, but I don't think you'd like that? Plus, Heather will be staying over late and she doesn't seem in the best of moods right now."

I shook my head, scrunching up my nose. Although Logan's house was comfortable and cute, I didn't want to intrude on him or his mother, especially as the house was already small.

I also didn't want his mother to suspect anything, although I was sure Heather had probably already said something to her by now.

"I know," mumbled Logan to himself as he began to walk again, releasing my hand before anyone could see. He flashed me a quick smile, letting me know he wanted me to follow him.

I walked behind him, noticing how many of the young females gawked at him would turn and stare, offering him flirtatious smiles and nods, sending a pang of jealousy throughout my body. Heather was right, wherever Logan went, girls were always watching.

He was extremely good looking and power radiated off of him, making him appear even more attractive, if that was even possible.

Shaking the thoughts out of my head, I continued to plod after Logan as he rounded a corner and led me down a slim cobble path, surrounded by large blooming blossom trees. In front of us stood a large brick house, topped with a painted red roof.