Chapter 13

It had been two weeks since Logan had left my territory without saying a word. I saw the regret and disappointment in his eyes as he pulled himself off the ground, turned and just walked away.

Part of me had wanted to run after him, but I knew I couldn't. He had come to my house, announced he was organising another whipping, punched my friend, and then left; without another word.

It was all I had thought about. I didn't understand and I was afraid I never would. Would I be able to live with myself not knowing what he meant?

My heart and wolf longed to see Logan again, and deep down I was hoping his wolf was feeling the same.

"Well, you two look like you're having fun," laughed my mother as she walked into the kitchen, gazing at Theo and I as we stood by the oven, covered in flour.

"He threw it first," I said, flicking Theo on the forehead, causing him to laugh and scrunch his nose up dramatically.

My mother shook her head, laughing. "Who would have thought I had two twenty year olds standing in my kitchen?"

"Being an adult is boring Maggie," said Theo, flashing a cheeky grin.

I shook my head, hiding my smile. My mother and Theo were on first name basis, meaning Theo had definitely been spending way too much time at my house. I would almost completely forget about Logan when Theo was around.

He brought me to tears with laughter on a daily basis, but he was mature and serious when he needed to be. I had never had a friend like him. I was more than grateful for Theo coming into my life, especially during a time like this.

"We'll clean it up, don't worry Mom," I said, waving her away, leaving Theo and I alone in the messy kitchen.

"Maybe we're not the best chefs in the world, but I can tell these cupcakes are going to be bomb!" cheered Theo, gazing down at my smiling face.

I found myself gazing back into his deep emerald green eyes, getting lost in the algae coloured orbs.

Theo smiled softly, wiping off a smudge of flour from my forehead.

I cleared my throat awkwardly, dropping my gaze and turning towards one of the kitchen cupboards. Pulling it open, I took out a dustpan and brush, passing it to Theo. "Cleaning time."

Theo was wonderful. It was a fact I couldn't deny, but I wasn't sure what was going on in my mind and I knew better than add to the mix with another guy. I hated how I couldn't stop thinking about Logan.

I wanted to just forget, but I couldn't. There was always something pulling me back, making me ask questions that I didn't really want the answers to.

"You going to help or are you just going to stand there?" asked Theo, waving his hand right in front of my face in an attempt to pull me out of my daydream.

"Oh, um, yeah," I answered, grabbing the dustpan and brush from him, avoiding his gaze.

"Do you think Logan is going to come back?"

My jaw clenched at the question; the brush falling from my hands and clattering to the floor. This was the last thing I wanted to talk about. I shook my head, biting at my lip nervously. "I don't know."

"What do you think he meant? About protecting you?"

Theo's questions were the same as the ones I had been asking myself over and over in my head for the past two weeks, and now, I was being reminded of them again. It seemed I couldn't escape.

"I have no idea," I mumbled, running my floury hands through my hair, making it even dirtier.

"Do you think-"