~Chapter Fifteen~

Chapter Fifteen

I had been home for a couple of weeks and currently I’m dealing with four new vamps. Amelia found them roaming the woods near our house two days ago. Their eyes were blood red and they couldn’t control themselves. Once she had reported them to me I sent a few of the girls out to get them, so now they’re being kept in separate rooms in the house as we help them control their blood lust. I was in the kitchen taking inventory of our supplies when one of the girls, Kate, came running in. Her fangs were out, “There are hunters on their way here. They’re only 2 minutes from the house. What should we do?” I threw my clipboard on the table and walked to the front door, Kate behind me. I stepped out onto the porch. I picked up a human scent in the air, but not just any scent. Kate was right, they’re hunters. Two males that I know very well. I turned around and went back inside. Kate slammed the door and watched me pace back and forth in the foyer. She raised her eyebrows, “Scarlett, are you okay?”

I shook my head, “No.” I stood at the bottom of the stairs and called out, “Amelia! Get down here now!” I started pacing again, but stopped when I turned and Amelia was right in front of me. I walked over to one of the front windows, “Amelia, I don’t know what to do right now.”

Amelia stood next to me, “What’s wrong, boss?”

I pushed the curtain aside, “Sam and Dean are a minute away from walking onto our front porch.” I let go off the cloth and started pacing again.

Amelia paced next to me, “Why is that bad? They know the truth.”

I nodded, “Yeah, but if you forgot, Dean killed me!”

“But now he’s here with Sam which means that he’s probably okay with the two of you having a relationship!” I wanted to smack the smile off of her face.

I stared at her, “Amelia, Sam and I can’t be together.”

She put her hands on my shoulders, “Yes you can! Let go of all your fears and doubts and let yourself be happy!” She pulled her hands away from my shoulders and she spun in a circle with her arms held high in the air.

I narrowed my eyes, “There is something wrong with you.”

Kate laughed, “Sorry to interrupt, but what are we doing about these two guys?”

I looked at her and sighed, “They’re not a threat, so let them in and bring them to the kitchen.”

Kate nodded and Amelia laughed, “I knew you wanted to see him again!”

I shook my head and walked back to the kitchen, “Shut up, Am.” I picked up my clipboard again and started looking through the fridge. I could hear Kate open the door and lead the brothers inside.

“Is Scarlett here?” I was not ready for this. I was not ready to face Sam after everything that happened. What was I supposed to say? I basically told him that I loved him and then ran away, thinking I would never see him again. Hoping that I would never have to see him again.