~Chapter Eight~

Chapter Eight

It was the middle of the night by the time we pulled into Alexandria. Dean came to a slow stop at a red light, “Well, we should find somewhere to stay. Anyone see anything?” The light turned green, so Dean pulled the impala back into gear. I kept my eyes open, searching for somewhere where the boys could get some rest, but everything around seemed to be closed already.

“It doesn’t seem that this town gets a lot of late visitors.”

Dean looked back at me, “Yeah, thanks, Scar.” He turned his head back to the road, “Pick a case in the only town that doesn’t have a 24 hour motel.”

I scoffed, “I’m not the one who said let’s leave right now to make great time. You are the one who caused us to arrive at such an ungodly hour.”

Sam slapped Dean’s arm, “Hey, there’s a place up ahead on the right.”

Dean smirked, “All right, Sammy. Way to keep an eye out.” Dean pulled into the parking lot of the cheap motel and killed the engine. I went to open my door when Dean stopped me, “Oh and Scar, Bobby made this up for you.” He tossed a black, leather wallet back to me.

I caught it easily and turned it over in my hands, “What is it?” I flipped open the holder only to be greeted by large letters spelling FBI. I looked up, “A fake FBI badge?”

Dean nodded, “Yep. You wanna hunt with us then you have to have an alias. You know, I don’t get why Bobby didn’t get you one sooner. They’re basically a necessity.”

“Because I never went out to talk to people during hunts.”

Dean continued on, not even sparing me a glance, “Doesn’t matter, you have one now. You’ll be able to build them up from here and eventually you’ll be able to pose as anyone.”

I slumped down in my seat, “Thank you, professor.” I opened the badge again and let my eyes scan over all the fine print, “Agent Jett?”

I slammed the badge shut while Dean held his hand up, “Hey, of all chicks that rock, Joan Jett is at the top.”

I rolled my eyes, “Can we just go inside?” Without waiting for any kind of approval or agreement, I swung the back door open and stepped into the cool night air. I stared out into the streets of the quiet town. Something had been murdering women in the old town Alexandria. As of yesterday two victims had been accounted for.

I felt a hand on my arm, “Hey, we got the room, Scarlett.” I looked up into Sam’s brown eyes. He smiled down at me as he let his arm fall back to his side. I missed the warmth. Shaking my head of that thought and any nice, girly thought I had about Sam, I sidled up next to Dean, who stood at the open trunk of the car. I grabbed by bag and followed Sam up to the second level of the motel and all the way to the end of the hall. I could hear Dean slam the trunk of the car and then jog up the stairs to catch up to us. It was late, so the brother’s immediately collapsed onto the beds once they got into the room. I looked over as the sounds of snoring reached my ears and chuckled slightly when I noticed that neither Winchester had taken his jacket or shoes off. I thought about going to yank their boots right off their feet, but then decided that they should have done it themselves. I did, however, turn off the bedside lamp so that they may sleep better. It’s not like I needed it anyway. My bag lay abandoned on the arm chair that was set in the corner of the room and I made my way over to it. I began to rummage through it, realizing that I had no clothes that could pass for an outfit that an FBI agent would wear. I could just kill Bobby for making this badge. He knows I hate dealing with people. And now I have to go and buy new clothes. This is going to suck. I turned my attention back to my bag, quickly locating a small pouch with several different gemstones inside. I grabbed the large bottle that I had stuffed in the side pocket before leaving the house and took a seat at the small kitchen table in the room. I dug through the bag and pulled out a tiger’s eye. Next, I pulled a small, leather bound book out of the inside pocket of my jacket. I laid the book down on the table and flipped to the correct page. I left it lying open as I swung my legs up onto the chair opposite me. Unscrewing the top of the bottle, I glanced over to the boys to see that they were both still asleep. I grabbed the tiger’s eye and held it tightly in my hand, muttering an incantation under my breath. As the spell left my lips my eyes snapped open and I dropped the stone into the bottle. The liquid inside bubbled for only a second before becoming calm once more. The bottle glowed and I started the second incantation. At the end of that one I screwed the cap back on tightly and shook the bottle once. The glow died and I smiled. My flask was still pretty full so I stashed the bottle in my bag again and checked the time. 2:56. I sighed. This was going to be a long night.