~Chapter Twenty-Two~

Chapter Twenty-Two

Scarlett's P.O.V.

I paced down the sidewalk as Sam rushed over to me, Dean not far behind him. Sam reached out to touch my shoulder, but I jerked away from him, huffing, "What the hell is wrong with you?! I told you it was nothing. I told you not to come here!" I fought back the tears. Turning on my heel, I stared Sam down, "I didn't used to be like this, you know. Nothing got to me. I didn't cry all the time and I didn't hurt. I hate this. I hate you!"

Sam stopped walking and stared at me, "You don't mean that, Scarlett. I know you're upset, but just let me explain please?"

I shook my head and took a few steps back, "No. Nothing you can say will make this better. I," I turned away from him, "I trusted you." With hardened eyes, I turned back, "But apparently you still don't trust me." I circled my hands around, "That is what hurts about all this." I shook my head and started walking, "Just forget it." Neither of them tried to follow me. I kept walking.

I ended up in the old diner that I used to come to with my family on Sunday nights. It was a stupid tradition, but my dad was unwilling to let it go. Mom loved it too. She called it 'our place.' I sat in the back corner booth, staring at the same table that we got every time we came here, the best booth in the house. The green and white upholstery was ripped in a few spots, no doubt a few of them the result of my brother's antics, but the tabletop shined. I smiled. It was easy to pretend to hate Sunday dinners with my family, with Andrea always talking about herself and Taylor being a typical little kid, but in all honesty, they weren't that bad. I even kind of liked them. Dean entered my line of sight and sat on the bench across from me, "Hey, Scar." I glared at him. He cleared his throat, "Look, don't blame Sammy for what happened earlier. I made him do it. I just wanted to know what was going on. I don't like being out of the loop."

Crossing my arms over my chest, I let out a huff, "You didn't make Sam do anything. He didn't have to go to the house with you. He could have said no. He could have trusted me."

Dean scratched the back of his neck, avoiding my gaze, "Yeah, I guess, but," He looked into my eyes, "Look, he's just worried about you. Give the guy a chance. He's not so good with the relationship thing and you're not really giving him a lot to go with."

My eyes flashed, "Don't turn this around on me! I'm not in the wrong here." I pointed two fingers at him, "You two idiots are." Shaking my head, I sighed, "Just leave me alone."

Dean pointed over his shoulder, "I was gonna order a milkshake."

I narrowed my eyes, "Well sit somewhere else and drink it." He put his hands up in surrender and left the booth. I watched him walk up the counter and drop into one of the seats, grabbing the waitress's attention. I stared at the booth again. There was one time where I actually threw my ketchup covered fries at my sister because she wouldn't shut up about her new boyfriend. Taylor laughed and dad tried to hide his smile, but mom was pissed. She insisted that I apologize and I wasn't allowed any dessert that night. I gave the most sarcastic apology that I could and Andrea scoffed and proclaimed that I was jealous. I stared at the booth. A large figure blocked my view and I looked up to meet familiar brown eyes. I clicked my tongue, "What do you want, Sam?"

He gave me the faintest smile, "Can I sit down?" Rolling my eyes, I gestured to the sea across from me. He sat down. We stared at each other for a few long minutes before he finally spoke up, "I am really sorry about earlier. You're right and I should have trusted you." I opened my mouth to respond, but he kept going, "I just got worried. I want you to be able to tell me what's going on with you because I love you, Scarlett." He looked up hesitantly, "I want you to be happy and I feel like you're not. That hurts me."