Chapter 24 - Amalie's POV

Oh my gosh! Maggie is going into labour! At first I don't know what to do but decide to take her to the medical unit. All the sections are full so Prim tells me that it's okay to bring her into the same room as Hazel if we pull the curtains across. Prim tells me that Maggie is only dilated a couple of centimetres and won't really need anymore medical attention for a couple of hours. She informs me that I should count the time in between her contractions and then leaves the room to take care of other patients. I also ask if she could get Glenn and she says yes.
I look the door of the room so that Maggie can have more privacy.

I'm sitting next to Maggie on a stool, holding her hand to comfort her when suddenly I hear a strange sound. Before I can turn my head to see what it is a hand followed by its body falls through the curtain. It's Hazel. Except it's not Hazel anymore. She's now a walker.

I scream and push her away from me. I can feel my eyes start to prick with tears. Maggie's breathing starts getting rapidly faster.
"Ohno! Amalie, that's Hazel! Ohno!" She exclaims with heavy breaths in between each word.

My eyes swivel in every direction, trying to find something to kill the walker with. I can see Hazel crawling on the floor, struggling to get up. I see some scissors on a table at the side of the room. I look at Hazel again and know that she will get to Maggie before I can get the scissors. Without any time to think it through I push Maggie's wheely bed to the other side of the room and sprint for the table. I scramble for the scissors before almost tripping up on my way over to Hazel.
"I'm sorry" I whisper, tears streaming out my eyes, as I stab the scissors into Hazels head.

"We need to find someone" Maggie tells me.
"You're right, are you sure you will be okay on your own?" I ask and Maggie nods. I place my hand on the door handle and turn it. The door won't budge.
"The lock" Maggie reminds me.
I turn the lock to the side. Or at least I try to but it is stuck. Maggie slowly trudges over and has ago of unlocking it but it still won't.

"HELP" we scream at the top of our lungs while we bang at the door.