Chapter 12 - Amalie's POV

I look down at my boots and bite my lip, not really sure how to answer her question. But then I remember what Glenn told Maggie. "It's gonna be fine, don't worry." Kenzie is just about to question me but I don't let her and carry on talking, "they can raise the baby here. Anyway I've got to go see if Beth is alright."

I start walking away but then Kenzie grabs my arm, "are you gonna tell her, about Maggie?" she frowns.
"Um.." I stutter, "probably" I shake her grip off my arm and slowly jog over to Beth. It's not hard to find her, she's in her section. Before I walk in I listen at the curtain. I can hear her sobbing and then screams of pain. I quickly pull back the curtain. Beth is holding a piece of glass in her hand and blood trickles down her wrist. She looks at me with a regretful look on her face before collapsing on the bed.

I run to her, "Beth, oh my god! What have you done? Are you okay? Look at your arm! Oh my..." I realise I must be overwhelming her and shut my mouth. I put one of her hands on the cuts she has on her wrist.
"Keep pressure on the wound, I'm going to go get help" I command her.

I hurry down the long aisle to the medical area. I go up to the nearest person and tell them about Beth panting like a dog between each word. The girl who I ask looks a lot younger than me but is one of the nurses here as I've seen her helping Hazel. She has long blonde hair pulled back into two Dutch braids. She looks too innocent and sweet to be doing medical work on sick people but maybe that's what makes her good at it. Nevertheless she agrees to come with me.

On the way back I realise I was being very silent and not talking to her and probably being quite rude. I couldn't help it, I was thinking about Beth. How could she do this to herself? I understand why, my old best friend used to cut. My best friend. What happened to her? It never got the chance to go into my mind before. I hope she's okay and alive but it's more likely she isn't.

I decide to talk to the girl to take my mind off it. "How comes you're a medic and so young?" I ask her before adding "oh and I'm Amalie by the way!"
She smiles at me, "well my mum used to do help lots of sick people back home and I learnt from her I guess, and I'm Prim"
"Prim, that's a pretty name" I say.
"Well it's actually Primrose but I prefer Prim" she replies.
"Oh yeah my sister is called Mackenzie but she hates being called that so instead we call her Kenzie" I nod my head. I then gesture for her to run with me as we are almost at Beth's room and we should really get there quick.

When we arrive Beth is cutting again but this time it's her leg. "Beth no!" I shout a little too loudly.
"Shh, don't worry" Prim gets to work on Beth by first persuading her to hand over the glass and then giving her some kind of medicine to ease the pain. She then gives Beth stitches .

I sigh. I now have to tell Maggie about Beth just after she found out she's having a baby. Then I have to tell Beth that Maggie is pregnant and I don't know if that will make her happy or sad.

I decide to leave the baby news to Maggie as she's probably going to want to tell Beth herself. However I realise that Beth is not going to tell Maggie about this but I believe Maggie should know.

When I tell Maggie the news about Beth she wants to go to Beth straight away. She seems very angry so I tell her not to as Beth really needs space at the moment, which is not a lie. Maggie groans but agrees with me.
And then pulls me into a hug and whispers "thank you".
I would've thought a hug with Maggie would be awkward but it's not, I guess I have got to know her a lot over the past few days.